Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

imitation is the best form of laziness

Defienetly not a oscar wilde quote "imitation is the best form of laziness" but when i do my ads the local traders follow my words and more importantly my pics, i do pics of the speedo, they do it a week later, i dont put pics of speedo, they dont, i genuinely did do it first ! i once put all four tyres in seperate pics, boom, week later copied, one even had a nail in it :lol:

i am going to next week put pics of the pedals/carpet condition ! lets see what happens there !

same with words, "new timing belt fitted last week, not due, but done for your peace of mind"  now all his cars have ! but 3 of them have chains :lol:

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Defienetly not a oscar wilde quote "imitation is the best form of laziness" but when i do my ads the local traders follow my words and more importantly my pics, i do pics of the speedo, they do it a week later, i dont put pics of speedo, they dont, i genuinely did do it first ! i once put all four tyres in seperate pics, boom, week later copied, one even had a nail in it :lol:

i am going to next week put pics of the pedals/carpet condition ! lets see what happens there !

same with words, "new timing belt fitted last week, not due, but done for your peace of mind"  now all his cars have ! but 3 of them have chains :lol:

Nice one....We do 7 day money back guarantees....nobody copies us !

• Like 1

As frustrating as it is who cares. Some lad opened up down the road from us. Word for word copies my social media posts, adverts even videos saying the same thing.

Only problem is he is incredibly thick and in trying to copy comes across unnaturally and forced. 

Won't be prepared to put the hours in we do therefore no real credible threat, although it did annoy me when it looked like I had opened a second branch :lol:

Might be easy to buy him out in a couple of years Rory. 

One of those £1 take-overs. 

seen them all come all go

you give good service, stick to your way of working principles rather than being led and the bacon always comes

always remember a trader taking on a new pitch but had no cars for it so he was down the auction this night just buying anything and everything to fill his spaces now back then most things sold but even i struggled with talbot solaros with the sweety jar under the bonnet for the radiator overflow but he bought 4

2 hours ago, chief runnin bee said:

seen them all come all go

you give good service, stick to your way of working principles rather than being led and the bacon always comes

always remember a trader taking on a new pitch but had no cars for it so he was down the auction this night just buying anything and everything to fill his spaces now back then most things sold but even i struggled with talbot solaros with the sweety jar under the bonnet for the radiator overflow but he bought 4

They were always cheap as chips.Good for doing min.p/x chucky deals.Proper punters never bought them as far as I can remember.