Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Kia Sportage 1.7CDTI

Sportage 3 Nav ISG CRDI - 64 reg 21k 

Does the 7 Year warranty stay with the car on these like normal manufacturers warranties doesanyone know?

Never had one for sale before.

Thanks,

Yes Rory they do

we had a 6 year old one with 2-3 owners and they still did a window regulator under warranty 

Must admit Kia and Hyundai dealers are very good about warranty claims, took a few in for bits of jobs under warranty n no qualms or trying to get out of it cus we trade...

1 hour ago, whitestone679231 said:

Must admit Kia and Hyundai dealers are very good about warranty claims, took a few in for bits of jobs under warranty n no qualms or trying to get out of it cus we trade...

Our only experience of a Kia dealer was a poor one.

Our customer took his venga in because it was lacking power, they told him it needed a turbo. Kia Wrote him a letter to explain that the turbo was worn out and it wasn’t covered under warranty. Quoted him a fortune, we dragged it back - f all wrong with turbo. EGR clogged - cleaned it out, power back to normal. The customer was going back to see the experts and have a word. 

I guess it depends upon the fault and the dealer.

We only get stuff that's just outside of the warranty period and find them bloody expensive for suspension components etc. Stocking 58-61 plates and most i10, i20 and i30 stuff is falling apart by then from a trim perspective. Can't fault them for engines and boxes but the rest of the car looks like it's designed to just about see out the warranty and then collapse, just in time for Mr Customer to be brought back in for another one!

Isn’t the later stuff GM?

We’ve sold loads of pre- 10 plate i10’s. Never had a comeback.

Later ones look like Vauxhall stuff to me. 

1 hour ago, NOACROSS said:

Isn’t the later stuff GM?

We’ve sold loads of pre- 10 plate i10’s. Never had a comeback.

Later ones look like Vauxhall stuff to me. 

It's not comebacks, it's just the cost of recon that seems excessive on the smaller Kia/Hyundai stuff for us. Compared to the average Corsa, Ka, 500 etc they love to eat through parts more than most