RandomJord

Auction Purchase issue....one i've not had before!

Hello one and all, my first post and a bit of a deep end one to be honest. Wondering if a few of you old sages could advise me on an issue that arose today. 

So I was at a popular auction a few weeks ago and saw a nice car being driven through as preview stock. 

As i couldn't attend the auction day i used the online auction and bought the car, based on what id seen on the preview. 

What was delivered to me today was the lovely car....with a crappy, non remote, non genuine, new cut key. I know it had at least one remote as the driver jumped out and locked it with it. Also i know the dealership that took it in px originally and they say it had 2 keys too!

So i've made a call to the auction, they say someone will ring me to discuss.... so, have I got much chance here with basically, money back or an account credit as i paid top money for it, and £250 on keys is a bit of a sting! 

(also there was no mention of only 1 key from the auctioneer) 

Cheers Guys!

I wouldnt build your hopes up! Compared to some of the nightmares i've heard about buying online i'd say you got away lightly!

Bought a van at auction few months back , paid for it got paperwork and one key, hour or so later went to where it was parked to go home and one of the auction workers was moving it to another part of auction car park , asked him why he had a key for it and why I hadn't been given it, he didn't know , couldn't be arsed to go back to thier office and ask so just got the key off him and went ...

I know my little story don't help you , just gets you thinking if they do it deliberate for some reason .

I had a good experience with BCA once with a key. The auction catalog said that were two keys with a BMW 1 series. (obviously the expensive wedge keys) so this was a bonus for me as it wasn't a cost I had to factor in. When the car was delivered, low and behold, only 1 key. 

I contacted BCA at the earliest opportunity and they were more than happy to reimburse me cost of a replacement key.

Good Luck, James

• Like 2

Well I got a response from the nameless auction house today...... answer was.......Basically....MIDDLE FINGER

They're insisting it was sent from dealer one rubbish key. Even though i have one of their detail sheets stating 2. 

What's wound me up is they're just flat out lying, if they said, do you know what "yeah we lost the keys, had one cut, but, unlucky mate, sold as seen" that would be fair play. But when i know they have emailed the dealer to ask if it was sent with 2 and the dealer said yes its annoying they will continue to lie even though we both know its billy bull! 

.....It seems theres a dishonest person in the motor trade.....whoda thunk it?  :lol:

If the sheet on the DAY OF SALE and the discription online said 2 keys you have a case. If not its just bad luck.

I've never seen a car at auction driven through as a preview, is this a new thing?

RJ, YOU HAVE TO NAME AND SHAME.

After all , we are all friends here and I am sure will all look out for one another. ;)

Hello RJ ... the old saying you make your bed etc springs to mind .. ive never done the online stuff as always see what your getting there and then .. best of luck though mate and hope it gets settled

*cough* Manheim *cough*

And to Gavin - basically I think every so often they balls up and a car goes in that's not supposed to for whatever reason, they bumble around on the rostrum looking tor the details, then send the car out saying 'that's a preview that one!'

I've used online a couple of times and generally they're descriptions are pretty accurate but obviously allowing for a bit of 'overlooked' items.

Obviously between the car arriving and when It was handed over they lost the keys. And that's now my problem. Good job I'll probably keep it for myself!