Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

facebook market place

I seem to be doing really well on facebook market place for your cheaper cars.... px's that you get in for less than £3k - BMW's under £2000 literally fly out of the door

However my business partner just got kicked off of facebook but we are not sure why?

is there any rules about selling cars as a business on marketplace? any body else doing well with it?

Works really well for us amazing value for money, i do sell to more females than men dont know what says about facebook 

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I seem to be doing really well on facebook market place for your cheaper cars.... px's that you get in for less than £3k - BMW's under £2000 literally fly out of the door

However my business partner just got kicked off of facebook but we are not sure why?

is there any rules about selling cars as a business on marketplace? any body else doing well with it?

There's a bloke just round the corner to me who uses his girlfriends address and details to sell cars. I think he's sold more than I have this year. When I'm in the mood for mischief I will send him a message asking whether his name is in the log book or how long he's owned a certain car. He never replies but I bet he sleeps with one eye open!:D

Interestingly my Polish guy is back in business too. He's got around 5 high end German bits, all rebuilt from salvage. He's got two old Passat estates. But he doesn't advertise anywhere I can find so I'm guessing he's tapped into his 'community'.

I just opened a business account there are no charges only when you boost your add which for the people it hits locally is cracking value for money.

Boosted an add the other day whilst gumtree was down and sold it from facebook £2495 sale for an advertising cost of wait for it,,,........£3.00 

Might be good for the odd sale but I can’t be the only on that wakes up in the morning with 300 “best price” messages or cretins offering half the asking price?

The camper Im finish shortly was sold via Facebook on the back of an ad I thought had expired a few months ago. £28500 if you dont mind, and added an Eberspacher heater to be fitted. 

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Might be good for the odd sale but I can’t be the only on that wakes up in the morning with 300 “best price” messages or cretins offering half the asking price?

It doesn’t matter what the website - 99% of emailers are just dickheads messing about. Most are either dreamers, punters making stupid offers, or fuckwits with ridiculous p/x valuations. Predominantly contact made via email regarding cars is used by people who are filling in their spare time - we are used for entertain just the same way as garden centres on a Sunday.

I’ve had 3 ridiculous email offers on eBay over the last fortnight to which I’ve answered ‘Yes’ hoping for a little sport. Guess what, no sport cos none of these dickheads even follow up. :(

well facebook market place is pretty decent for me. i have just read in america they are opening it up to dealerships.

I seem to be getting more enquiries from facebook than auto trader at present thats for sure. Autotrader has been dire for us this month!