Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

I have just found the rareset of things and there's a quick guaranteed £250 in it for me!

I don't want to dampen the moment, but I hope your bank will accept a cheque made payable to Mr Mark..............

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

:D

IMG_0665.jpg

So fast forward 5 years,business doing well.....question from HMRC inspector.’Do you pay all your business income into the company account’

‘Yes of course’ you answer............Then the inspector produces the above......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trade vet said:

So fast forward 5 years,business doing well.....question from HMRC inspector.’Do you pay all your business income into the company account’

‘Yes of course’ you answer............Then the inspector produces the above......

It is a business account lol 

I have two business accounts one in my name and the other Imperial Marques Ltd (recently incorporated).  I don't want to muddy the waters with BCA, so I pay on my own name account and do an "internal" invoice for the accounts I haven't yet transfered.

7 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I have two business accounts one in my name and the other Imperial Marques Ltd (recently incorporated).  I don't want to muddy the waters with BCA, so I pay on my own name account and do an "internal" invoice for the accounts I haven't yet transfered.

Doesnt matter what account it goes into they will still want an answer, if your unlucky enough to get one on a friday before a bank holiday when all there colleges are off on an all expenses training course to a posh hotel somewhere in the lake district. 

22 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Sorry to be a ‘doubting Thomas ‘,but will you not need 2 VAT accounts and 2 different stock books to keep that going.I like Justin’s comment,I can identify with that !   We are just trying to keep you right,car dealers get no leeway with HMRC,you are not allowed to make mistakes.

Once I am up and running (account just been approved and takes about 3 weeks in total), I will close the other and trade using only the Imperial Marques account. HSBC

Edited by Mark101

Just now, rich89 said:

Why the hell does it say Mr Mark? Surely you have a surname?

This is an open public forum, so I covered my surname - that's what they call me in the chinese takeaway, I can hear him saying, hello Mr Mark

Yeh I know lol.

You almost got the stars lined up. A black line is much quicker haha..

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

:D

IMG_0665.jpg

They must write a lot of compensation cheques if they need a rubber stamp to sign them.

11 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Once I am up and running (account just been approved and takes about 3 weeks in total), I will close the other and trade using only the Imperial Marques account. HSBC

That’s good......By the way, I bet you had to fight to get £250 out of BCA !

3 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

30 seconds on google gives yours and Nicola's surnames

It does you're right and my age and where I used to work - but at least you have to make some effort to find it 

Edited by Mark101

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

That’s good......By the way, I bet you had to fight to get £250 out of BCA !

To be fair, they held their hands up straight away, I did have to chase the cheque a couple of times.

In life, I treat as I like to be treated myself.  I had pushed for the cheque, so when it arrived, I emailed to thank them.  I don't want to be known as the guy who "just" complains - I like to balance my responses where they are deserved.

• Like 1

Not sure there is any point in this thread... other than to say hes got some compo off BCA?

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

that's what they call me in the chinese takeaway

Wifes Uncle is called Mr Fairclough. They call him Mr Fuckoff in his local Chinese.  :D

I'll get me coat 

• Like 2