Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Best diagnostic tool?

You also find that no matter how good the machine is if you cant fault find or have a basic understanding of whats going on no scanner in the world is going to help you.

like this morning Cylinder two misfire, sigh here we go again VW finest 

4 hours ago, Stalker said:

That because EBAY aren't supposed to let sellers sell fake/counterfeit goods.... You have to look elsewhere :D

I wasn't exactly looking on ebay to start with! Lol

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I thought it sounded too good to be true - can you tell I'm no mechanic!

no, go on :D;)

mark, no matter what machine you got, its experience that counts, and the more money you spend doesn't really mean you'll get a better result, just last week, cheap machine of mine, showed 2 faults [related] yet dear machine [ well i thought its dear] only showed one, cheap machine communicated faster, and was easier to understand, i am no mechanic either, learned [ and still learning] by getting mucky, and using used parts to save money [parts dealers wont return used sensors for credit good to say by some mechanic whos been playing parts darts ;)].

worrying thing nowadays is the poor quality looms and build quality of certain parts fuseboxes and the like.

Used to have a Snapon Modis but went obsolete last year and baulked a little at the price of the replacement 

we've used an Autel Maxisys Pro MS908 for past 6 months and must say very impressed, better than the Snapon or Mac . Big selling point for me was the fact its blutooth/wifi so can throw away the cables, very tough as well, as been dropped by clumsy technicians more than once but still absolutely fine. think its was about £1100 + vat but worth the money. I'd recommend buying a spare sd card and backup just to be on the safe side