Sign in to follow this  
rich89

Anyone able to watch a car go through auction?

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

then account closed again

I don’t think BCA can close  an account because you are suing them after settling ‘under protest ‘.

The case we had which was entirely different,we just sued them in the normal way,if they had closed our account it would have cost them a lot of money.  Now it seems every couple of months we have to threaten to sue them again to settle some problem with a misdescribed entry.

I don’t understand why you guys are telling Rich to just roll over and pay up.....He has been stitched up !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

they will close the account, guaranteed

........ unless he's either married to a solicitor or is buying 100 cars a week off them?

Edited by met

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

they will close the account, guaranteed

Andy.....Would you mind letting us know what previous evidence you have of BCA closing accounts.....They have threatened me before,I just told them to go ahead....they backed off.

• Like 1

i confess just word of mouth when people have got arsey with them with regards to mis-described cars and threatened solicitor's letters

4 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

i confess just word of mouth when people have got arsey with them with regards to mis-described cars and threatened solicitor's letters

I have just remembered a case we had years ago before there was any on line buying.( bit of a long story)I had asked a trader friend to buy a full spec Galaxy at Newcastle,the deal was go to £x for it and if it was cheaper that was his profit etc.Anyway,buys it for our max bid price so he would only get £50 profit from us.He goes to pay for it and the price has gone up £200 or 5% because it was entered by the Police.Apparently the auctioneer confirmed that but had never said it was + 5%.So I told him to request to hear the tape to confirm and we would pay the extra.BCA refused to let him hear the tape,so I told him to refuse to pay for it and ask for a rerun.They suspended his account immediately.So I informed the manager that as  he was acting on my instructions,he should reinstate his account and suspend ours instead.I also said they should be aware that  I would be making an official complaint to the chief constable so I gave the manager 24 hours to decide .The next thing I get a call from someone with a grand title from BCA head office who was very concerned that I was about  to complain to the chief constable.He agreed to reinstate my friends account and rerun the Galaxy......However they removed the Galaxy from Newcastle and must have rerun it elsewhere.

Since then we must have had dozens of run ins with BCA,sued them and won in the small claims court and they still try to give us the runaround....It’s just their company policy regarding fobbing off traders and it appears to work well for them....So when there is a problem,don’t be frightened to take them on.

23 hours ago, trade vet said:

I have just remembered a case we had years ago before there was any on line buying.( bit of a long story)I had asked a trader friend to buy a full spec Galaxy at Newcastle,the deal was go to £x for it and if it was cheaper that was his profit etc.Anyway,buys it for our max bid price so he would only get £50 profit from us.He goes to pay for it and the price has gone up £200 or 5% because it was entered by the Police.Apparently the auctioneer confirmed that but had never said it was + 5%.So I told him to request to hear the tape to confirm and we would pay the extra.BCA refused to let him hear the tape,so I told him to refuse to pay for it and ask for a rerun.They suspended his account immediately.So I informed the manager that as  he was acting on my instructions,he should reinstate his account and suspend ours instead.I also said they should be aware that  I would be making an official complaint to the chief constable so I gave the manager 24 hours to decide .The next thing I get a call from someone with a grand title from BCA head office who was very concerned that I was about  to complain to the chief constable.He agreed to reinstate my friends account and rerun the Galaxy......However they removed the Galaxy from Newcastle and must have rerun it elsewhere.

Since then we must have had dozens of run ins with BCA,sued them and won in the small claims court and they still try to give us the runaround....It’s just their company policy regarding fobbing off traders and it appears to work well for them....So when there is a problem,don’t be frightened to take them on.

What about cars advertised as having spare keys however when it comes to payment and collection time.. oops no spare key to be found.

I had 2 like this bought last week at Preston, apparently a manager is going to call me tomorrow to discuss compensation.. I won't hold my breath.

I have no idea what they're playing at. 

They've just rang me to tell me it went through today and it sold for £19400 yet they rang me last week asking for £1500 as it sold for £19k.

What the hell is going on?

To be fair to them I’ve only ever had to return one assured car to them so far and they were great for me.

Peugeot 207 hdi, oil pressure light illuminated on the way home and timing chain started rattling like mad. Rang them straight away, they said they’d send an AA technician out the following week. Bca rang me on the Monday saying due to the value of the vehicle they wouldn’t bother sending a technician out they would just recover the car and give me the money back.

Took about three weeks for the cheque to arrive though.

On 12/04/2018 at 4:16 PM, rich89 said:

I have no idea what they're playing at. 

They've just rang me to tell me it went through today and it sold for £19400 yet they rang me last week asking for £1500 as it sold for £19k.

What the hell is going on?

Perhaps they found this thread?:ph34r:

Morning all, anyone watching BCA live today? Unable to make it in person so was looking for some final bids/sold or provisional etc. They are not always so helpful on the phone, thanks in advance. Rob