Sign in to follow this  
Earunder

Ebay Enquiries - Let 'em rip guys

Too many overly cautious people giving advice here and many thinking everything has to be minted-up & top money chased (I like to see some of your stock & see if it lives up to the big talk).

As for the car, I’ve not looked but from what I’ve read an hour with the MOP & the touch up stick would help. 

From what you say you’ve got low £2Ks in it? If so don’t bother bulling it up & tipping £500 of paint into it just to mark it up for another £600 and then it sitting there at similar money to the rest on the Internet. Get the f***ing MOP out, get it at £2999 & get it gone. All this talk of Peugeot buyers being fussy on paintwork!?!! My arse, fussy on money more like!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BHM said:

Too many overly cautious people giving advice here and many thinking everything has to be minted-up & top money chased (I like to see some of your stock & see if it lives up to the big talk).

As for the car, I’ve not looked but from what I’ve read an hour with the MOP & the touch up stick would help. 

From what you say you’ve got low £2Ks in it? If so don’t bother bulling it up & tipping £500 of paint into it just to mark it up for another £600 and then it sitting there at similar money to the rest on the Internet. Get the f***ing MOP out, get it at £2999 & get it gone. All this talk of Peugeot buyers being fussy on paintwork!?!! My arse, fussy on money more like!

Well said that man....

We have done this for years! 

If the punter/client doesn’t like it, he can pay more elsewhere.

3 hours ago, EPV said:

Maybe cos you skimmed it mate! 

Maybe.... Or maybe because there was a lot of nonsense being spread.

A lot of whining over a 3K motor, like BHM said for that sort of money customers cannot expect perfection and will be happy with a nice chunky discount for some minor cosmetic issues, if it rains on the day of viewing / sale then even better for you :)

A lot of my stock has damage, scuffs and odd dents we sell cars within £1K - £3K and have no problems at all.

Just because I can and one way or another, it's going to get paint, stick or mop, or combo of all three - I took my selection of sharpies outside (black was the nearest colour) and just out of curiosity, touched one of the doors in (before I bother mixing paint from my scheme) and what a difference (wish I took pics for you) in just black felt pen, completely takes your eye off the hidious dinks.

I will mix some paint and touch in the worst with a fine brush, mop the rear quarter and re-assess.

What I can tell you, I am never talking to Steve again..........and the last time I even consider buying one of his old cars.  I just called to say I love him and to be fair, I was Superstitious when he said his car was for sale and he has been told its mint.

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

See

8 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

I skimmed over this and WOW. The way I see it..... The car needs paint, mark Don't wanna paint it...... no big deal, he's clearly stated the car has paint defects. I'm not sure what all the rest of this noise is. I don't know how the hell trading standards have been brought in to this and how have pages have been written about faults, trading standards and all this other breeze?

I agree, some of us need to grow some balls. 

Come on Mark how much did you pay for it

7 hours ago, MSP Motors said:

Maybe.... Or maybe because there was a lot of nonsense being spread.

If you say so. 

10 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

And the “Trade Sale” aspect doesn’t set a good example. You can’t have contradictory advertising, 12 months mot, drives great blah blah Trade Sale. It’s just wrong and sets a bad example. 

Also, the eBay advert isn’t on a business account. It needs to be on a business account. 

I changed the ad Simon to accommodate the video including warranty, MOT etc - no longer a trade sale

There's no legal requirement to use EMP providing my advert clearly states that I'm a business + I pay £15pmpc = much cheaper than EMP and no commitment from what I havew read herein, so not sure why I would want to sign up, not yet at least.

10 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

There's no legal requirement to use EMP providing my advert clearly states that I'm a business + I pay £15pmpc = much cheaper than EMP and no commitment from what I havew read herein, so not sure why I would want to sign up, not yet at least.

I’m not saying you need to use EMP. You are advertising on a personal account, as a business you need a business account. 

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/business/contextual/businessaccount.html

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’m not saying you need to use EMP. You are advertising on a personal account, as a business you need a business account. 

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/business/contextual/businessaccount.html

If you're a very high volume seller, eBay requires you register as a business account. You'll receive an alert from eBay if we think you should upgrade your account to a business account.

+ I'm not VAT registered yet and you cannot open a business account without and there is no requirement to do so until I hit the threshold 

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

If you're a very high volume seller, eBay requires you register as a business account. You'll receive an alert from eBay if we think you should upgrade your account to a business account.

+ I'm not VAT registered yet and you cannot open a business account without and there is no requirement to do so until I hit the threshold 

That’s news to me. I opened a business account ages ago and i’m not vat registered? Maybe they changed it 

10 hours ago, AutoJacob said:

A lot of whining over a 3K motor, like BHM said for that sort of money customers cannot expect perfection and will be happy with a nice chunky discount for some minor cosmetic issues, if it rains on the day of viewing / sale then even better for you :)

A lot of my stock has damage, scuffs and odd dents we sell cars within £1K - £3K and have no problems at all.

I watched the video and i would hardly call the marks minor

3 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I was more implying that they are not as a result of an accident, minor as in not accident damaged only many poor parking dinks and scuffs

I only quoted Autojacab on his wording of "minor cosmetic issues" in the video you posted i wouldnt consider them anything close to minor 

24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

There’s a few people on this thread skim reading, not looking at the video or even photos of the car and passing judgement. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

There’s a few people on this thread skim reading, not looking at the video or even photos of the car and passing judgement. 

I wasnt passing judgement how mark advertises his cars has nothing to do with me i have stayed well away from that side of the post,I just found it odd a car that could do with a lot of paint work to get it right would be classed at minor works. 

16 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I wasnt passing judgement how mark advertises his cars has nothing to do with me i have stayed well away from that side of the post,I just found it odd a car that could do with a lot of paint work to get it right would be classed at minor works. 

Not saying you was my dear. 

35 minutes ago, EPV said:

Not saying you was my dear. 

Dont flirt with me......you will have hell of a shock

38 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Dont flirt with me......you will have hell of a shock

Lol

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:

you can open a business account without a vat number, you wont get the same "style" advert for selling motors, but you will be running legal, so that  your advert clearly states business seller and has a address, its the law of selling, its your trade, and you must clearly state this.

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

you can open a business account without a vat number, you wont get the same "style" advert for selling motors, but you will be running legal, so that  your advert clearly states business seller and has a address, its the law of selling, its your trade, and you must clearly state this.

Exactly 

On 4/14/2018 at 6:44 AM, Mark101 said:

Only a few hours to go...... Fingers crossed you'll get a genuine last minute bidder.......

The French bidder has definitely made it intriguing ..............  ;)

4 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Only a few hours to go...... Fingers crossed you'll get a genuine last minute bidder.......

The French bidder has definitely made it intriguing ..............  ;)

That's amazing Simon - I have just looked to see who's winning and saw they were based in France - hopefully this isn't going to turn to rat shit......again.

I have had two people say how nice this car is, unfortunately one was my neighbour and the other, my dad.

Plenty of watchers but let's see.  (I am at break even now)

I've had French living ex pats bidding/buying stuff off us in the past and they've been pretty sensible (albeit we are next to a ferry terminal) so all hope's not lost.

As for eBay i've just had a finance enquiry on a 15 year old £1995 lump :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

As for eBay i've just had a finance enquiry on a 15 year old £1995 lump :rolleyes:

Here’s today’s best phone enquiry on a £1399 gem;

Punter: Hi, I’m interested in the car. Will you take £1200?

Me: No but I’ll split the difference at £1300.

5 minutes of questions later...........
Punter: Ok I’ll phone you NEXT Friday when I’ve got the money.

• Like 1