Sign in to follow this  
Earunder

Ebay Enquiries - Let 'em rip guys

Had enough hearing a lot of you guys moan about the messers on Ebay.  Lets turn it into some fun...  Copy the layout as it makes it easier to read.  You don't have to put the vehicle, but I just thought it gives a better perspective of the Ebayer.

Vehice:  Merc Convertible E350 50kmiles 2010 @ £13500

Ebayer: £10000?
Me: £15000?
Ebayer: Bought one now for £8000
Me: Ok £14000?

Leader So Far:

7 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Vehice:  BMW 520d M Sport Touring on a 13 plate and 75k (the best spec I have ever, ever seen - soft close doors, pan roof, TV front and rear, Wide screen Pro Nav - you name it) £15,995

Ebayer: £10000
Me: £15,995
Ebayer: £12,000
Me: Ok £15,995

Result: £15,995 to first viewer (not this fool)

Edited by Earunder
  • Like 1

Vehice:  Mini Cooper 2005 (55) on 92k @ £2,295 nice cheapie and just had new clutch (by us)

Ebayer: £2000?
Me: Fair bid I thought to myself but I'm here to make money, "I will meet you half way @ £2,150?"
Ebayer: £2,100
Me: Ok, I will accept your £2,100 but the car remains on sale until A) you pay a deposit or (will not let me put a b in brackets lol) C) you are stood in front of me with the money.

Ebayer: No response, gone quiet - Messer

Another:

Vehice:  BMW 520d M Sport Touring on a 13 plate and 75k (the best spec I have ever, ever seen - soft close doors, pan roof, TV front and rear, Wide screen Pro Nav - you name it) £15,995

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Winner so far!!  £6k off!!!  I would have definitely had some fun with him.

Don't often respond to eBay messages due to this. Never had any response back from a silly offer!

Responded to one, asking for a 15% discount plus delivery.

No, the price is the price. Delivery is extra.

Ready for the crazy part, you'll never believe it.......

Ok, send us the details and I'll pay now!

SOLD!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D&M said:

Don't often respond to eBay messages due to this. Never had any response back from a silly offer!

Responded to one, asking for a 15% discount plus delivery.

No, the price is the price. Delivery is extra.

Ready for the crazy part, you'll never believe it.......

Ok, send us the details and I'll pay now!

SOLD!

WOW!  Truly amazed!  Nice work!  Maybe I'll stop responding to their low ball offers with sarcastic price increases... 

Nah balls to that.  Good Job for you but they deserve the sarcasm, plus it gives me a smile when I send it.

Its not only keyboard warriors, often find them on the lot this morning was no difference. 

Bell end i mean customer spends a lifetime looking over a car with his expert who was more worried that the car didnt have a lot of screenwash in the bottle compared to his car, came up to me and said nah its not for me ok no worries have a nice Easter then he replies whats the best you will do for cash....yawn i replied what difference does that make the car isnt for you well if its a £1500 i will ave it i said £1500 would be a great deposit when do you wish to pay the balance of £1000

No i will leave it i got six others to see up the road, well up the road is Gower lots of lovely cliffs and beaches down there but no car sales, and six cheaper when i looked i couldnt find one with better spec miles and condition within 50miles so good luck with that search.

Its hard sometimes not to come across as being an arse but it does get tiring 

• Like 2

Yeah it does amaze me.  It's like they think they're being smart but fail to realize we do this for a living a see a good few of them each month.  The best ones are the ones that haggle then call the next day and its sold.  I love that.

Jackass:  But but I was going to pay a deposit.  

Me:  No, sorry it sold.

Jackass:  I was only there yesterday.

Me:  Yes, sorry, it sold later that day.

Makes me feel all warm inside.

• Like 4

Ebayer; Hi would you consider selling the van for trade price?
Also does it have full service history?

My response; Hi, you want me to work for nothing AND you’re also fussy about service history. 
You don’t want much, do you?
Thanks & good luck,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradex said:

As a bit of sport, the trade price enquiry messers are asked to provide proof of trade insurance and plate numbers, well it passes the time;)

Oooh I'm quite excited for my next one... Why have I never thought of that!

Edited by Earunder

Its not just buyers you have a problem with. I placed a bid on a car, noticed it had been removed so bid again and then recieved these messages

Seller: bid on my seat again il drive over the 7 bridge and down the m5 too your front door , we will see whos playing games then . think u can treat me like a mug living 25 miles away , I'm not even blocking u I cant wait to see if u do it again

Me: Do we know eachother? I'm not playing games just trying to buy a car. Sorry if I've misunderstood something?

Seller: Stop bidding on my fuking car waisteing my time

Username torfaen-car-sales so im thinking they are a dealer aswell :huh:

Well as he's coming down your way ask him if he'll mind bringing the car with him in case you win the AH.  2 birds, 1 stone and all that

• Like 1

Wish I had thought of that at the time but that was a few months ago now

2 hours ago, WTAC said:

Local to me, nice to see consistency in their quality of adverts and responses: 

any fiannce enquireys please call do not email 

price is fixed theres no discount for cash

‘This car is am exclusive of your looking you prob no what there all about , these are very rare because they are expesnive bui;ds, good quality lots of attention to detail , exclusive trucks are done properly and are for people who appreciate the finer thimgs in life‘

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, c_cars said:

Local to me, nice to see consistency in their quality of adverts and responses: 

any fiannce enquireys please call do not email 

price is fixed theres no discount for cash

‘This car is am exclusive of your looking you prob no what there all about , these are very rare because they are expesnive bui;ds, good quality lots of attention to detail , exclusive trucks are done properly and are for people who appreciate the finer thimgs in life‘

At least they had the common sense to get a ClickDealer website!  Imagine the typos!!

That gibberish must me a mixture of Welsh & English.

8 hours ago, WTAC said:

Its not just buyers you have a problem with. I placed a bid on a car, noticed it had been removed so bid again and then recieved these messages

Seller: bid on my seat again il drive over the 7 bridge and down the m5 too your front door , we will see whos playing games then . think u can treat me like a mug living 25 miles away , I'm not even blocking u I cant wait to see if u do it again

Me: Do we know eachother? I'm not playing games just trying to buy a car. Sorry if I've misunderstood something?

Seller: Stop bidding on my fuking car waisteing my time

question (1) how can you bid on a car that has been removed ? :wacko:

question (2) does not the user name, the fact that the pictures are taken on a pitch, the other vehicles for sale, imply that he actually is a "dealer" ?

question (3) how does he know your address ?

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

question (1) how can you bid on a car that has been removed ? :wacko:

question (2) does not the user name, the fact that the pictures are taken on a pitch, the other vehicles for sale, imply that he actually is a "dealer" ?

question (3) how does he know your address ?

:rolleyes:

The car wasnt removed, My 1st bid was, So i bid again thinking there was a mistake and then got the message.

At the time this was the only car he had on there. Im still unsure why the messages were sent.

eBay business account so my address is on my items.

7 hours ago, BHM said:

That gibberish must me a mixture of Welsh & English.

Not all welsh people speak gibberish I for one speak fluent car sales pas fsh panroof my welsh talents never end. 

13 minutes ago, s and b said:

i purchased an eos off a welsh guy and it had a leak in it:(

very good

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I’ve has one Eos, never again,.....,,,

Why? I only ask because funnily enough I’ve just been offered one but to me they look as appealing as a kick in the groin area - a pure guess but I’d imagine they’re about as desirable as Astra & Focus cabbies which are very hard work.

In my experience punters for a cheap cabbie like the French shite such as 207s & Meganes. 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Why? I only ask because funnily enough I’ve just been offered one but to me they look as appealing as a kick in the groin area - a pure guess but I’d imagine they’re about as desirable as Astra & Focus cabbies which are very hard work.

In my experience punters for a cheap cabbie like the French shite such as 207s & Meganes. 

Just off to collect a 308 CC (2010) Sport petrol 58K FSH - send them my way please ;)