Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Collecting a car from BCA Blackbushe

For those of you that have collected a car by train to BCA Blackbushe, please share your wisdom.

Which train station is the closest / easiest to get to BCA Blackbushe and roughly how much does the taxi cost / how long does it take? (I know it depends on traffic, but humour me :P)

Cheers

We've gone up to Blackbushe on public transport.

The nearest train station is Blackwater.

We were attending the auction in person and stayed the night in the Ely Hotel - walked from the train station on a walking trail (and through some very secluded car parks with some very suspicious people in their cars!)

The taxi from the Ely Hotel to Blackbushe was about £6. The train station is only a couple of miles from there so I can't imagine it being more than £10

About a 15 min trip in the car from the station to the front door.

12 minutes ago, D&M said:

We were attending the auction in person and stayed the night in the Ely Hotel - walked from the train station on a walking trail (and through some very secluded car parks with some very suspicious people in their cars!)

The taxi from the Ely Hotel to Blackbushe was about £6. The train station is only a couple of miles from there so I can't imagine it being more than £10

Thanks for the reply. 

9 minutes ago, Andy Entwistle said:

Fleet and winch field are the next closest, but on a main line from London, about a tenner in a cab....

Used to be there every day.... 

Thanks. :)

2 minutes ago, twerp said:

Sandhurst was the quickest for me in the past

Cheers

Blackwater is the closest but there are no Taxi's there. If you go to Fleet there are loads of Taxi's outside and the fare runs around a tenner.

5 minutes ago, Autolink100 said:

Blackwater is the closest but there are no Taxi's there. If you go to Fleet there are loads of Taxi's outside and the fare runs around a tenner.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, D&M said:

Don't Blackbushe run a shuttle from the station on sale days for trade?

23 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

Thanks for the reply. 

No problem!

11 hours ago, met said:

Don't Blackbushe run a shuttle from the station on sale days for trade?

Not a clue, was our first time there! We did buy, and asked where the car was parked.... The guy said it was in the Market car park and to jump in the minibus that was about 200yds away, shouted to his mate that we were coming up... walked up and spoke to the driver, he told us no, he wasn't giving us a lift so we had to walk all the blinking way around

After a 3 hour wait for lost keys for the complete section!

12 minutes ago, D&M said:

No problem!

Not a clue, was our first time there! We did buy, and asked where the car was parked.... The guy said it was in the Market car park and to jump in the minibus that was about 200yds away, shouted to his mate that we were coming up... walked up and spoke to the driver, he told us no, he wasn't giving us a lift so we had to walk all the blinking way around

Perhaps I’ll get mine delivered! :lol::unsure:

19 hours ago, D&M said:

Sound pretty standard, Manheim Colchester can be picky about giving you a lift (although judging by the state of the minibus I'd rather walk). And they have almost gone out of their way to make it difficult to walk out into the far reaches of the compound on that strange grey stone that that turns to mud and gets everywhere in the car!

Train ticket booked for Tuesday, I'll put my walking boots on!!

1 minute ago, Ocsltd said:

Train ticket booked ..............

On this subject, you can get some cheap off peak tickets if you hunt around.

Just now, met said:

On this subject, you can get some cheap off peak tickets if you hunt around.

Peterborough to Fleet, including the underground came to £27.50 which I didn't think was too bad. The car I'm picking up has got half a tank of petrol in, so that should negate some of the cost....

Just now, Ocsltd said:

Peterborough to Fleet, including the underground came to £27.50 which I didn't think was too bad. The car I'm picking up has got half a tank of petrol in, so that should negate some of the cost....

I can get from London Stratford to Colchester Town for £8, and if I'm lucky I'm on my own and there's a toilet!:lol: