Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Your Week So Far..............?

Well after an OK few weeks I felt I had to put this post up as this week has been absolutely dire! It's like someone's switched the lights off, checked AT to see we were still on there..... Yes, checked pricing indicators to see if ours are favorable, yes all either "good price" and some "great price"..... Checked ebay motors, yes we are still on there.... Checked phone lead hadn't fallen out of the cordless base unit...... Nope definitely plugged in and got dialling tone!  How's it been for others on here? Maybe it's to do with half term, maybe it's the stock. On a positive note though we had someone in today on a 2004 corsa 1.2 sxi that came in part exchange, clean car so listed it for £990..........the offer I have on it... £800 as long as I can get a new mot on it (current one is for September), oh and "what sort of warranty comes with it" 

I'm on the brink of becoming an alcoholic as its the only thing that I find helps me deal with these imbeciles (not during work, after I get home of course). 

Edited by Dealer
Autocorrect

We’ve been steady since the turn of the year. Few quiet days but then we’ve bounced back. Hit target for the month last weekend so any more is a bonus now. 

11 minutes ago, Dealer said:

I'm on the brink of becoming an alcoholic 

...catch up! :lol:

Dead for us this week also, very timewastery and as always the post sale screamers have come out. It happens. 

Good chance for us to catch up tbh, January was crazy busy and we got really behind prepping stock with so many solds to get through.

• Like 1

Busy here in the New Forest.  All sorts of price ranges too weirdly and some heavy diesels finally! Yay!

I guess we all get our turn! Trouble is- it’ll soon be bill day again! 

Some kind of sick joke this week been putting in 14 hour days just to keep up and yet again no bloody stock left 

ps not moaning just tired and hungry 

had a quick question, the price indicators on auto trader so "great price" is obviously the best, good price is OK so where does "priced low" come into the scale? thanks 

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Some kind of sick joke this week been putting in 14 hour days just to keep up and yet again no bloody stock left 

ps not moaning just tired and hungry 

What are you selling to be so busy? Or are you giving them away?!

No problems here with the selling, just the buying we're struggling with.

Advertise 20 down to 12, selling more than what we can buy at the moment! Luckily we can wait it out for a few more weeks until prices (hopefully) settle.

57 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

What are you selling to be so busy? Or are you giving them away?!

How much profit do you have across the bonnet? I'm doing something wrong if everyone else is flying 

11 hours ago, arslan2468 said:

had a quick question, the price indicators on auto trader so "great price" is obviously the best, good price is OK so where does "priced low" come into the scale? thanks 

It’s lower than “great price” 

• Like 1

Well, I bought the wife a car on Tuesday, delivered Wednesday and sold it yesterday, I couldn't do this again if I tried...  She's not very happy but that kinda made my week!  Other than that just over 1 a day so far this month, 109 in stock, still need stock which is the main problem at the moment. 

Price indicators always make me chuckle.  When you get that customer that comes and in asks for "Good Price" I almost always want to raise the price from the great marker to the good marker on AT just to see their face when it goes up a couple of hundred.  I love the hagglers, they do make me chuckle.