Sign in to follow this  
D7neo

Best place to shift a non runner?

Can any of you suggest the best place to get shut of a none runner?

Its a 2009 Hyundai i800, bit of an impulse buy from Manheim (as a non runner), bought it months ago and haven't done a thing with it. Just want to cut my losses.

Is it better going back to manheim, co-part, car-transplants or another?

Thanks in advance

eBay. Fully described, with suggestions of what the fault might be and anything else that's wrong with it. You might make a little money.

EBay with no reserve as said above, it will go off on a transporter to Europe no doubt and be sorted and returned to the UK within the space of a weekend lol.

I'd say you will probably do well. Best of luck.

I say Ebay. Copart is for 'dreamers' and breakers yards. I have also noticed a lot more traders selling non-runners on AT these days..

Just out of interest, did you get it from Colchester's non runner sale? I used to quite like something to play with, but I've found that these days, non runners tend to be absolute basket cases

I used to like non runners also, but these days every one i have tried is terminal due to costs or just crazy electronic faults even main dealers wash there hands with.

2 hours ago, met said:

I say Ebay. Copart is for 'dreamers' and breakers yards. I have also noticed a lot more traders selling non-runners on AT these days..

Just out of interest, did you get it from Colchester's non runner sale? I used to quite like something to play with, but I've found that these days, non runners tend to be absolute basket cases

no mate it was haydock on a Friday morning sale. In all honesty I would never buy another non runner due to how manheim handle them. There was another none runner parked next to it very close by so I asked them to move it, along came a forklift, they just put the forks under the vehicle wherever they wanted to and dragged it out the way. A simple none runner fix could cost more to fix than the damage they have caused moving it around the yard.

8 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

eBay. Fully described, with suggestions of what the fault might be and anything else that's wrong with it. You might make a little money.

I would be surprised, it isn't the cleanest example. If I was in the auction room I wouldn't of bought it, the online pictures didn't really represent it very well. You live and learn!