Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

2017 stories

Has anyone had any unusual or amusing occurrences in 2017 which they might recall in future years.I have one that comes to mind although it is not connected to our job.

Up until springtime ,the big warehouse next to us had been empty for a good while.Then some guys arrive with vans and set up a furniture restoration business.Furniture is seen being unloaded and signs erected and you think good look to them.While a friend of mine in the furniture trade said they had no chance of making it work in a 12000 sq ft warehouse.We have a Council tip 100 yds away and in August,on the odd warm day,one or two customers were complaining about the smell which we are immune to.Then one Sunday morning,the Police raid next door,which turned out to be a huge cannabis operation unbeknown to us and only 15yds away.We went in to have a look and there was 5 or 6 beds in there and  they must have spent a lot of money subdividing it into small rooms.The  seargent had said it was the biggest he had seen in 20 years ! Interestingly they must have been tipped off about the raid,as they had fled during the night and taken the produce with them........so no arrests,it makes you wonder.

22 hours ago, trade vet said:

a huge cannabis operation unbeknown to us and only 15yds away.We went in to have a look and there was 5 or 6 beds in there and  they must have spent a lot of money subdividing it into small rooms.The  seargent had said it was the biggest he had seen in 20 years ! Interestingly they must have been tipped off about the raid,as they had fled during the night and taken the produce with them........so no arrests,it makes you wonder.

A crime that in the main is ignored, how many times do i read " they missed the culprits" is astounding, the politicians love it, keeps trouble indoors, not on the street,cannabis is wages round here in the tumble down factories, your factory will only get broke into if they think your doing a grow, cash up front for 6 months rent, telling me the landlords dont know ? local shop is open eight till eight, a dealers open 24 hour, easier to get than a loaf of bread,politicians get honours and 38% of the kids in manchester live below the poverty line, who is really profiting ? boils my piss :unsure:

23 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

A crime that in the main is ignored, how many times do i read " they missed the culprits" is astounding, the politicians love it, keeps trouble indoors, not on the street,cannabis is wages round here in the tumble down factories, your factory will only get broke into if they think your doing a grow, cash up front for 6 months rent, telling me the landlords dont know ? local shop is open eight till eight, a dealers open 24 hour, easier to get than a loaf of bread,politicians get honours and 38% of the kids in manchester live below the poverty line, who is really profiting ? boils my piss :unsure:

Don't forget "We're all in it together"

THis year has ended well .,lots of nice pressies from customers past but more importantly a lot of the shop's I shopped in. Before the big day in a depressed town I found most people wished me or them a happy Christmas and I thought those days had gone 25years or more ago so maybe I was right after all with brexit and the people have more hope now

Discuss...........:unsure::)

7 emails today all low ball CASH offers all of Eastern European extraction, this is getting worse

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

7 emails today all low ball CASH offers all of Eastern European extraction, this is getting worse

Snap (almost). I’ve had loads of stupid offers this last week & punters failing to arrive, although thankfully I’ve nailed a few after a poor month.

One gentleman, named Asif, wasted 10 minutes of my life on the phone yesterday then last night emailed me an offer of £1800 on a £3600 car. I emailed & told him what I thought of his type, he replied with the usual b/s and he’d NEVER spoken to me & would report me for pestering him!!!

Anyhow after that I phoned him to square him up - needless to say our little keyboard warrior had a different attitude on the phone & cried off like the pathetic spineless individual he is. If any of these pillocks start messing, as long as you have their no. I suggest you phone them up cos all the ones I’ve contacted seem to shit themselves.

Finally, I will add that out of all of the ‘stupid offer brigade’, I think the Eastern Europeans now match the Asian community for their greedy & disgusting way of doing business.

Hopefully someone on this forum can enlighten me as to their mentalities with regards to conducting business.

Just had the same convo with another guy, these low ballers have started to wear me down, the new one is to threaten a bad review 

the lovely Eastern Europe told me the HG was goosed, I’ve drove the car 200 miles without any issue, let’s be honest it’s not Asians as that’s a very general term, we all know where they’re from originally 

Strange when buying from them I just pay the money and take my goods, see what they’d think 

To be fair, the lowballers come from all cultures. The generic trend is they are all morons. 

However, I can confirm when I used to auction cars on eBay 60% on my auctions were ruined by bidders who had no intent on purchasing, of those wasters 90% had Asian names. I used to dread a foreign name as a winning bidder....

eBay don’t help as they have no sanctions , I just say the cars sold whenever I pick up an accent