Sign in to follow this  
umesh

DVLA - No ! Not again !

Just opened the post and I have a cheque from the DVLA for tax refund ! You'd be thinking well what's wrong with that ?
I'm speechless as the car has just gone through cherished transfer 2 weeks ago - I have the new disc AND am keeping the car on the road - UME 511P - Not only do I have a cheque but its addressed to a friend of mine who's not been involved in this transaction at all - both cars are registered to myself - let me check my name to be sure ' UMESH SAMANI ' SO HOW do they address the cheque to 'Adam Alcock  c/o Umesh Samani ??
You have to see the cheque to believe it !

post-27-0-79855300-1409311453_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

LOL. (I'm led to believe this is an appropriate use for this acronym)

I was gonna say 'unbelievable' but it really isn't.

Was it in an envelope like Jim got recently too?

Hey James!

Reckon yer man from the DVLA could marketing-speak his way out of this one?

No, me neither.

This, Umesh, is a window to the near future for all of us... and the view is not pretty,

• Like 1

I can't wait to here their explaination for this one. Have you phoned them Umesh? 

Mistakes happen, I can understand that but DVLA seem blind to the fact they aren't fit for purpose. Whilst I disagree with the over-reaction to the tax disc changes I feel that everytime the DVLA are faced with a challenge, be it a small issue with a cherished transfer or a massive roll out of a new system they address it in the worse and most unpractical manner. 

They clearly don't feel they are accountable to their customers especially the motor trade.