Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Towing Eye Cover Missing

Not what you want to see on what of your potential star buys. Every other box is ticked, we'll all good to click, but that bloody pesky towing eye cover is missing. Things that make you go hmmmm...

Fiestas pop out for fun, I now grab a handful from the local scrappies when i am there on a rummage for a part i know they wont have, always amazes me how many cars you see on a fourcourt or in pictures with them missing, to the general public they always assume the car has been towed so a massive no no for us to have them on show like that.

2 hours ago, sparky said:

Not what you want to see on what of your potential star buys. Every other box is ticked, we'll all good to click, but that bloody pesky towing eye cover is missing. Things that make you go hmmmm...

Never buy them either mate. One of them could be innocent but if you gamble and its borked you just kick yourself. 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Never buy them either mate. One of them could be innocent but if you gamble and its borked you just kick yourself. 

Well I just did. feck it, it's xmas and it's a rare car.  To be fair there's enough it to allow for an issue. Now then, do I ask my transport man to drive it or piggy back it :)

53 minutes ago, sparky said:

Well I just did. feck it, it's xmas and it's a rare car.  To be fair there's enough it to allow for an issue. Now then, do I ask my transport man to drive it or piggy back it :)

Always a drive back. We buy the odd one or two with the cover removed but they have to be way behind book to make it worth the risk. Drive it back, drive it home, use it for a sandwich run. If it's gonna go pop then at least get it out the way early!

Ripped up carpet near an obd and broken clips on a fuse box are my pet hates and make me run for the hills!