Sign in to follow this  

Desirable equipment

What are the options a car has to have before you even consider stocking it?

I'm thinking BMWs and Mercedes C-Classes with plastic wheel trims and cloth upholstery. Would you ever stock a car like this that lacks desirable equipment?

I doubt I would stock a 3 Series with wheel trims but I don't think there are many about, I've seen a few 1 Series. I'm not scared of basic spec BMW's, normally ES's in the models from 2005 onwards as they offer great value for money and aren't that different to the SE spec. With BMW's I find the difference between a basic ES and a top spec Business Edition SE is around £2000 - £2500. With Merc's I don't ever consider buying one with a manual gearbox, maybe me being old fashioned !!!

As long as you price a car right colour and spec don't really matter, as my old boss once told me when he bought in a non-metallic bright green/purple Peugeot 306..."It's had 3 owners, so 3 idiots have bought it before and 3 more will buy it in the future". Good advice !!

it is weird i think sometimes 'us' motortrade get massive hangups on 'base' spec cars ... there are so many people who want , wait for it 'manual wiindows' , cloth seats , no alloys ...... they just want value ! and to be honest I've had a few 'low spec cars and sold them reasonable quick ' because there buyers were wanting 'no spec' #Bizarre !!

Goes with colours too! Bought a BMW 320d coupe last week or so , all the guys next door laughing at me, its GREEN !! Who's going to buy that ha, ha ha - 1st ad - customers BUYS it because its 'different'  whos laughing now :) 

• Like 1

it is weird i think sometimes 'us' motortrade get massive hangups on 'base' spec cars ... there are so many people who want , wait for it 'manual wiindows' , cloth seats , no alloys ...... they just want value ! and to be honest I've had a few 'low spec cars and sold them reasonable quick ' because there buyers were wanting 'no spec' #Bizarre !!

Goes with colours too! Bought a BMW 320d coupe last week or so , all the guys next door laughing at me, its GREEN !! Who's going to buy that ha, ha ha - 1st ad - customers BUYS it because its 'different'  whos laughing now :)

I had a Lime Green Citroen C2 with green seats and only 31k miles and everyone said you won't sell that. Gone in a week, old boy bought it for the colour!

Different cars in weird colours sell FACT. 

What are the options a car has to have before you even consider stocking it?

I'm thinking BMWs and Mercedes C-Classes with plastic wheel trims and cloth upholstery. Would you ever stock a car like this that lacks desirable equipment?

For me they should really have the two A's. Alloys and Aircon! A convertible must have leather etc.