Yes we have talk about Autotrader !
So everyone by now would have had 'the letter' followed by possibly a phone call about the removal of DD Discount-!
how does it affect you ? any thoughts on the matter?

removal of Direct Debit discount ! might not seem much but its another additional cost !

£8 - per week to me ! £416 pa EXTRA for nothing. Maybe I stop my DD so that they have to chase me every month for the payment ..or maybe I simply STOP altogether advertising with Autotrader ! #DecisionsDecisions  

• Like 1

removal of Direct Debit discount ! might not seem much but its another additional cost !

£8 - per week to me ! £416 pa EXTRA for nothing. Maybe I stop my DD so that they have to chase me every month for the payment ..or maybe I simply STOP altogether advertising with Autotrader ! #DecisionsDecisions  

There are times when I'm very tempted to give AT the elbow. I just need convincing that when a man is after a certain car sat at his PC or tablet trying to find it then he is going to use more than one platform for his search. 

Obviously not being on AT would lose sales, but as it's my number one overhead it would also take so much pressure off every month. It really is a tough call and I'm not sure whether or not I have the balls to make it.

Just a money making machine but until another company 'Floods' the market it won't change. And by 'flood's I mean adverts in every commercial break on every channel, billboards everywhere, adds in every paper and a pricing structure for dealers around 50% of AT then AT will take notice. Autotrader is there for the taking with dealers wanting an cost effective alternative but all these other advertising portals seem content only to nibble away at a small percentage of the market.

We pay them late.....really late. By cheque. Its only a small way, but just gives a little satisfaction!

• Like 3

We pay them late.....really late. By cheque. Its only a small way, but just gives a little satisfaction!

Great idea, going to start doing that :lol:

Same here, I have been paying my invoices after "termination" letters every time, I have finally had enough now after 14 yrs and have handed my cancellation of contract! I am absolutely sick of the greed and scheming way they work for customers, carefully trying to plan the next way of screwing us over! That's it, enough is enough, we have heard that "motors.co.uk is becoming strong now, with a blitz on TV advertising maybe these are the ones to give AT a swift kick up the @rse! We are signing up with them, it's a lot cheaper so worth a go!

• Like 1

I heard manheims had some big involvement with motors.co.uk now so maybe things will change what with their TV advertising campaign. I think us dealers should all club together, pull out of AT as we did with the magazine years ago, the tune then changed!

I would love for this to happen. Just hundreds of dealers, one day hand in their notice . If that happened, then the price would come down. Without us dealers, they have no business.

Yes, they do for me  , but shhhhhh . Don't broadcast this please WD1 ! We wouldn't want them to find out !

First off, hello every one just joined forum...

Autotrader, a subject that gets my back up , we gave them the elbow a year or so back, constant price hikes, with the excuse we would get more for our money blah blah blah, we was paying them £800/£900 a month , we are with ebay motors pro and auto exchange now, where we can advertise all our stock usually 20 ish cars not 11 which we got with Autotrader,

Ebay motors is £130 a month Auto exchange is £90 ... And we are selling as many cars as we was with AT .... No brainer

• Like 1

First off, hello every one just joined forum...

Autotrader, a subject that gets my back up , we gave them the elbow a year or so back, constant price hikes, with the excuse we would get more for our money blah blah blah, we was paying them £800/£900 a month , we are with ebay motors pro and auto exchange now, where we can advertise all our stock usually 20 ish cars not 11 which we got with Autotrader,

Ebay motors is £130 a month Auto exchange is £90 ... And we are selling as many cars as we was with AT .... No brainer

Hi Jack ,

That is really interesting. Do you mind me asking what your stock profile is like? I really want to bottle AT but have always been nervous to try eBay with newer cars.

Thanks,

James

Hello James, our cars are under 5 grand, I know other traders that sell dearer bits on there and do ok , don't get me wrong if AT didn't take the piss with their prices and price hikes would be on there as well.... for the money Ebay charge you can't not be on there.

Good Morning All

Just a quick note to let you know that SunMotors.co.uk and Sunday Times Driving.co.uk are now included in the Motors.co.uk Network at no additional cost to our dealers. Those dealers already advertising with Sun Motors and Sunday Times Driving will cease to be billed by News UK from December.

The network now includes TV advertised Motors.co.uk, Parkers, The Sun, Sunday Times Driving, Honest John, Desperate Seller, CarSite, AutoVillage, Car Village, CheapMotors amongst the 300 sites including regional news group titles.

If you perform a car related Google search, you will typically find between 4 to 6 spots on the results page from one of our network sites, maximising the presence of our dealers stock across this key real estate.

This is just one of a number of projects we are working on and we hope to update you shortly on more exciting news.

Andy Coulthurst

Managing Director

Motors.co.uk

• Like 2

Gofaster. I use sun motors as they only charge you per lead. So what happens now ? I will appear on Motors but still pay per lead?