andymc1973

Someone's dropped a dime on my ass

DVLA have a sub contractor NSL who have teams who target specific areas in the U.K. They drive around looking for untaxed vehicles.NSL are being paid commission for each untaxed vehicle they find and they are apparently earning millions from this contract.I would imagine their drivers have to achieve daily targets so they could have come across your stock and added them to their list ! You must fight this and if necessary make a claim if it is NSL,I doubt you can claim from DVLA.

The legal point of view is that the car park is private outside licensing hours, the pics were taken first thing. 

They want the truth? They can’t handle the truth 

How do you mean make a claim? 

15 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

The legal point of view is that the car park is private outside licensing hours, the pics were taken first thing. 

15 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Hi Andy

I imagine that to unwind this will probably take some time.You will have to find out if DVLA have an appeals procedure should they want to fine you.If it does turn out that it was a subcontractor and they were in the wrong,I would invoice them for your time and trouble with a view to taking it further.However,do not take this as good advice,it is just my ‘Victor Mildrew ‘attitude to injustices in the course of our trade.

I must confess I thought they were joke shop stickers!

Anyhow I would of thought the fact they’re within the curtlidge of a property and therefore not on the public highway would render this prosecution a non-starter.

The fact it’s a ‘public’ house is irrelevant, the land is privately owned and is in control of the person who manages the pub.

so i have dodged one ticket but the other one is saying pay £108 or court, I think that the cars can be parked in the pub car park as long as the pub isn't open at the time, ie the public have no need to be in there, will I have to state that in court or would you just pay?

53 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

so i have dodged one ticket but the other one is saying pay £108 or court, I think that the cars can be parked in the pub car park as long as the pub isn't open at the time, ie the public have no need to be in there, will I have to state that in court or would you just pay?

Andy ,Who are you being prosecuted by .

Andy, if it was me I’d pay the fine and move on, I wouldn’t want it in the back of my mind, unless of course you are 100% sure you are not in the wrong:) 

This can open up a can of worms.

Forecourts.

Land where the public have access, particularly where a shop of petrol station or workshop are involved.

12 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

Andy ,Who are you being prosecuted by .OK so it’s the DVLA,that’s better than the police.I would still be inclined to PAY IT after what happened to me.I dodged a flawed speeding prosecution (£65 fine).Months later I was summonsed to appear at the magistrates on the charge of not completing the documentation correctly.It appeared to me,that I had completed it perfectly correctly,so not having any previous convictions,I went along without legal representation and pleaded not guilty .On the paperwork when inserting the FULL  names and addresses of the directors ,I had stated my full name and my wife’s first name and address.By missing out my wife’s surname ,this was the offence.I am too embarrassed to admit how much I was fined,but to give you a clue,I was ordered to pay prosecution costs of £400 ! The fine must have included a standard premium for car dealers !

21 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

DVLA

DVLA the same robbing thief's who sell our details to private car park companies, so these thieving bastards can steal our money. Daylight robbery. APPEAL it.