Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

GLASS GUIDE

Saturday morning and start of what should be a busy weekend (we live in hope) and for the second time in a month glass guide is unavailable online, it happened last month I tried to ring them and they don't work weekends!!!! rang on the Monday and they said oh yes we had a system error so it was off all weekend until we came in Monday,,, WTF surely someone offering such a vital service to a 7 day a week  industry should be able to keep running 7 days a week or have staff on call in emergencies. Guess its time to throw the book in the bin and save £600 a year

Binned mine years ago, with the speed of mobile phones i find you can get a much better picture of the true value of a car, what there asking, what they sold for, how many close to you ect, far more vitual info on line imo

31 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Saturday morning and start of what should be a busy weekend (we live in hope) and for the second time in a month glass guide is unavailable online, it happened last month I tried to ring them and they don't work weekends!!!! rang on the Monday and they said oh yes we had a system error so it was off all weekend until we came in Monday,,, WTF surely someone offering such a vital service to a 7 day a week  industry should be able to keep running 7 days a week or have staff on call in emergencies. Guess its time to throw the book in the bin and save £600 a year

Not used Glass for at least 5yrs and I stopped subscribing to CAP last year as well because everything worth buying sells for more than CAP anyway and you can get their valuations for free on all the catalogues. If I’m valuing a swapper I use a blend of We Rob Any Car and Autotrader. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperLease said:

Not used Glass for at least 5yrs and I stopped subscribing to CAP last year as well because everything worth buying sells for more than CAP anyway and you can get their valuations for free on all the catalogues. If I’m valuing a swapper I use a blend of We Rob Any Car and Autotrader. 

Nice one !

5 hours ago, tradex said:

we binned the 'book's nearly 20 years ago now.

Same here, we used to aim to buy at CAP prices and sell at Glass prices:D

• Like 1

It's early 90s since I last subscribed,but out of interest I searched Glasses and it appears its inventor William Glass was an amazing guy .He invented all sorts of stuff ,it is worth looking up.However,he would probably ' turn in his grave' if he knew that the present owners of Glassses were producing these monthly market reports for the trade with crap information .You just wonder if Glasses got some fee from Dacia to promote them as the fastest selling range in the UK ?

6 hours ago, trade vet said:

It's early 90s since I last subscribed,but out of interest I searched Glasses and it appears its inventor William Glass was an amazing guy .He invented all sorts of stuff ,it is worth looking up.However,he would probably ' turn in his grave' if he knew that the present owners of Glassses were producing these monthly market reports for the trade with crap information .You just wonder if Glasses got some fee from Dacia to promote them as the fastest selling range in the UK ?

I used to have a fancy green leather case for mine:).

11 minutes ago, met said:

I used to have a fancy green leather case for mine:).

I remember them.Mind you there were a lot of traders who had ' guide covers ' because it disguised the fact they nicked their guides from a main dealer whose name was stamped on the outside of the back page.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

I remember them.Mind you there were a lot of traders who had ' guide covers ' because it disguised the fact they nicked their guides from a main dealer whose name was stamped on the outside of the back page.

Yes.:D

I found all this stuff the other day, even the little book they produced listing cars that run on unleaded:D