Sign in to follow this  
Allstars

Video feauture on autotrader

I noticed some cars on autotrader have a video.

Has anyone seen a difference with vs without a video in your advert?

do they charge extra for you to add a video, anyone know how much roughly (if they do charge)?

Also has anyone had any success with using a youtube channel

Edited by met

Having a YouTube channel will get picked up by Google’s crawlers so this can help. Otherwise no unless you have a massive following.

Ive seen an increase since we put video on our ads. I tried half and half at first thinking it was too time consuming but noticed that we only seemed to get interest on the cars with video so now take the time to do the lot. also try combining it with as many photographs as you can, I try for 30 good quality shots, lots of interior stuff, handbook, keys, shots of the dealership etc. seems to work, particularly as the guy down the road with similar stock cant be bpothered to take more than 9 photos and is always complaining about being quiet. if hes that quiet he should have the time to take video and more photos lol

20 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Ive seen an increase since we put video on our ads. I tried half and half at first thinking it was too time consuming but noticed that we only seemed to get interest on the cars with video so now take the time to do the lot. also try combining it with as many photographs as you can, I try for 30 good quality shots, lots of interior stuff, handbook, keys, shots of the dealership etc. seems to work, particularly as the guy down the road with similar stock cant be bpothered to take more than 9 photos and is always complaining about being quiet. if hes that quiet he should have the time to take video and more photos lol

BOOOM Nail on head!!!!

Video walkrounds made the single biggest boost to my business this year. 

I hear so many excuses from dealers not to do it. Just do it. 

• Like 1

I started using videos about 6 months ago and find them useful. Best to be honest on the appraisal and note any marks on the car.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, Rory RSC said:

BOOOM Nail on head!!!!

Video walkrounds made the single biggest boost to my business this year. 

I hear so many excuses from dealers not to do it. Just do it. 

What method of upload do you use Rory? I put a post on here previously asking for peoples method as by the time I film a high quality video on my phone, then use an App called 'Dubme' to do away with all the bank ground noise and me panting, trying to then upload this to youtube takes an absolute age due to filesize. If I make the video quality lower to then make the file size smaller the Video quality is crap so probably no more beneficial than the 20 quality photo's I've already uploaded.

Best thing ever .. been using Video's for about 3/4years ! 'VIDEO SELLS CARS '- Can't should loud enough And YouTube - free seo etc etc ! 

Don't make excuses - Just do it [ As said by Nike but repeated by Umesh :) ) 

www.autochange.co.uk - ALL my cars have video's ! 

On 10/25/2017 at 5:16 PM, met said:

Also has anyone had any success with using a youtube channel

I set one up and put a video slideshow from youtube of the car.

So far on eBay the car has had 1,100 views.... The video has had 22.

I sell all my cars by video, 

its the best thing since the web started....

2 hours ago, D&M said:

I set one up and put a video slideshow from youtube of the car.

So far on eBay the car has had 1,100 views.... The video has had 22.

No offence....Slideshows are boring, you need to do a personalised appraisal video of the car and sell yourself as a trustworthy seller....

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I sell all my cars by video, 

its the best thing since the web started....

No offence....Slideshows are boring, you need to do a personalised appraisal video of the car and sell yourself as a trustworthy seller....

You are completely right - I'm just camera shy!

Intending to make personalised videos soon - hopefully my mug won't put any punters off :lol: