Mat C

VW TRANSPORTER HELP

Hiya,

I have a customer who wont leave me alone and is desperate for one of my cars ( which blows me a fortune, so I need to get this right ! ), however he has a VW Transporter to PX which I know NOTHING about. Tried to stick it on TSA but they don't accept commercials.

Anyone have any idea what this might be worth, or anyone want to underwrite it?

2015/15 VW Transporter T26 StartLine 2.0 Diesel - White van with Side Windows

2 Owners

22,000 Miles

Has had the following conversion - Ply lining & bulk head removed, new Barton Floor with safety flooring and fully carpeted - 2 New Sliding Windows either side and fixing for new twin seats ( supplied ) and fixing for a singlke seat ( not supplied ) New Roof & Side bars, Bumpers front and rear And mirrors ( all colour coded ) 20" Black Alloys, Factory seatbelts. 

I have pictures ( it looks really nice ) but I cant upload anything here for some reason.

Thanks in advance

Mat

Also conversion was done by AMA Transporters in Aldridge.

Matt, are the side windows just on the sliding doors? And are you sure it's a T26 not a T28? 

31 minutes ago, LISL said:

Matt, are the side windows just on the sliding doors? And are you sure it's a T26 not a T28? 

Hiya, 

HPI says T26 and the windows are in the sliding doors. It was originally a panel van with Windows in but these have been replaced. I have photo's if you want me to send them to you?

Just now, Mat C said:

Hiya, 

HPI says T26 and the windows are in the sliding doors. It was originally a panel van with Windows in but these have been replaced. I have photo's if you want me to send them to you?

Also has 2600KG Gross on the V5

1 minute ago, MrC said:

How much is it?

I have no idea, he wants a price, he reckons its retail at £19k, but I need this deal to go right as i'm blowing my nuts on the car i'm selling him!

I have a friend who works at VW commercials in Nottm and am calling tomorrow for an underwrite, but it amazes me what these things are up for on Autotrader etc... Its a goddam Van!!!

Im just on with doing a camper conversion. They do crazy ££ once you stick a bed in them. I got offered the same van last year 15k miles in black. £15k + VAT 

If you want a laugh go to BCA commercial sales and see what they do there.

1 minute ago, MrC said:

Im just on with doing a camper conversion. They do crazy ££ once you stick a bed in them. I got offered the same van last year 15k miles in black. £15k + VAT 

If you want a laugh go to BCA commercial sales and see what they do there.

He's a private billy, so no VAT, I reckon he'll deal at £16k but i'm not sure my balls are that big, and after ( 20 mins ) of research, it turns out the T26 is a little light for the conversion in terms of payload etc.....

That's a lumpy and difficult part exchange. 

Only do the deal at a price you're confident at, other deals will come along.

Ideally you want a T28 or T30. That said a full conversion is nowhere near 2.6t of gear

It's of no help to you Mat C, so apologies in advance, but I have a mate who buys old ones and throws a bed and a window at them (not an original idea I know). Recently got 6k for a 1999 lump of scrap with 210k on the clock...the worlds crazy. He told me it's mostly 50+ guys that hate their wives and go fishing to avoid them that end up bidding highest

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

That's a lumpy and difficult part exchange. 

Only do the deal at a price you're confident at, other deals will come along.

I know, i've already kind of turned him away ( which I never do ) but he keeps on at me as he really wants my car. I'm £2k the wrong way in mine and cant really afford to be sat with a Van with seats in my unit without at least knowing I can get my ££back

16 minutes ago, MrC said:

Ideally you want a T28 or T30. That said a full conversion is nowhere near 2.6t of gear

I've read that full conversion can take it over, but i'm no expert ( basically googled it earlier cos I had no idea ) 

16 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

It's of no help to you Mat C, so apologies in advance, but I have a mate who buys old ones and throws a bed and a window at them (not an original idea I know). Recently got 6k for a 1999 lump of scrap with 210k on the clock...the worlds crazy. He told me it's mostly 50+ guys that hate their wives and go fishing to avoid them that end up bidding highest

Could take up fishing I guess? but I quite like my Mrs!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mat C said:

He's a private billy, so no VAT, I reckon he'll deal at £16k but i'm not sure my balls are that big, and after ( 20 mins ) of research, it turns out the T26 is a little light for the conversion in terms of payload etc.....

Not sure what it books at as I'm abroad atm (how sad am I) but £16k is very strong even for retail. I was thinking a lot less!

I can't help in terms of the valuation, other than to reiterate that if it's got a bed in the back and VW badge they go for mental money.

However, I've MOTd a half-dozen or so T26 payload models from a local conversion garage through a couple of years. I recall they were all relatively comprehenisvely 'kitted out', and professionally too. No doubt the higher payload models are the preferred choice, but they are about. Even the 26s have a payload capacity of around 3/4 ton, allowing a full tank of fuel and other gubbins, that's about 1/2 ton of payload or fittings, well within range of your typical lightweight timber units etc.

4 hours ago, Mat C said:

Hiya,

I have a customer who wont leave me alone and is desperate for one of my cars ( which blows me a fortune, so I need to get this right ! ), however he has a VW Transporter to PX which I know NOTHING about. Tried to stick it on TSA but they don't accept commercials.

Anyone have any idea what this might be worth, or anyone want to underwrite it?

2015/15 VW Transporter T26 StartLine 2.0 Diesel - White van with Side Windows

2 Owners

22,000 Miles

Has had the following conversion - Ply lining & bulk head removed, new Barton Floor with safety flooring and fully carpeted - 2 New Sliding Windows either side and fixing for new twin seats ( supplied ) and fixing for a singlke seat ( not supplied ) New Roof & Side bars, Bumpers front and rear And mirrors ( all colour coded ) 20" Black Alloys, Factory seatbelts. 

I have pictures ( it looks really nice ) but I cant upload anything here for some reason.

Thanks in advance

Mat

Also conversion was done by AMA Transporters in Aldridge.

Mat , can you email full details inc history and pics to jim@jimreidvehiclesales.co.uk please.

do you want an underwrite or an idea of what to retail it at?

cheers Jim 

3 hours ago, Mat C said:

I've read that full conversion can take it over, but i'm no expert ( basically googled it earlier cos I had no idea )

The units I have in my current build weigh not very much. If I said 40KG i wound not be far off and its a LWB, 

19420824_284865795255639_333766710254318

Fridge is lightweight

19598926_288357064906512_248773753892234

The passenger seat base and swivel weighs a fair bit. 

19601259_288359701572915_276506989637758

Ive not put a pop top in as budget just wont go that far.

19400176_284359088639643_480892777126487

Found out this morning that customer is not willing to go any lower than £16k for this, so I've waved him goodbye.... 

Thanks for all the help though chaps, I now know a little more about the VW Transporter business! I wont be rushing out to buy one any time soon though.