Sign in to follow this  
betginge

One man's trash

Took a car back the other day to local dealer we do mot's and prep on there retail vehicles, We do a lot of trade work for other dealers as well as running our own sales. 

Anyhow off I go to the dealer with the understanding  I would have a car to come back in for work. Arrive at the dealer drop off the keys to find out that the car for prep is at paint. Great !!! Am stuck 18 miles from work with no lift home.

They just took in a part ex they say, a 98 Adi a3 Tdi with 223K on the clock and that had more hits than the Beetles  £100 and its yours.:( 

My local scrap man will give the £100 back, so sod it. I pay up and leave, to be fair this old smoker drives well. Turbo works and even feels like someone has stuck a clutch in it

recently, God knows why. Anyhow, so impressed with the way this piece of crap drives I get my farther in law who works for us to stick it on Facebook. £200 spares or repairs, 5 months mot runs and drives. Well his mobile overheated like a k series engine, calls calls calls. 40 mins later he meets someone on the fronts who takes it away. 

wrote on the invoice, not fit to drive, sold as seen, would of put bag of poo but not very professional for a sage invoice.

Very impressed with the response from Facebook, goes to show, ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE

• Like 1

I'm not surprised the phoned was ringing off the hook for £200 with 5 months MOT and drives well sounds like a bargain. There is always a market for extremely cheap cars but the problem is they are usually not the kind of people you want to be dealing with regularly.

Edited by bestprice4cash

1 hour ago, bestprice4cash said:

I'm not surprised the phoned was ringing off the hook for £200 with 5 months MOT and drives well sounds like a bargain. There is always a market for extremely cheap cars but the problem is they are usually not the kind of people you want to be dealing with regularly.

With all the CRA legislation  you just cannot sell bangers like that from a pitch every day, you would just end up in county court every month.