Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

2006 Suzuki Vitara 1.6 3dr - Any good?

I've just been offered a 2006 Suzuki Vitara 3dr 1.6 with 56k miles against a Renault Kangoo van I've got.

Are they good news? Any common issues to look out for? 

Cheers

God not had one of those for ages... From memory pretty good and reliable to be honest being Japanese!

Interiors can wear as the plastics are a little scratchy, and obviously check the underneath for any signs of off-roading as they're only a soft roader... Usual suspension bush squeaks and inner tyre wear on the fronts too.

They have quite a following so providing the history is good it should sell well! 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

God not had one of those for ages... From memory pretty good and reliable to be honest being Japanese!

Interiors can wear as the plastics are a little scratchy, and obviously check the underneath for any signs of off-roading as they're only a soft roader... Usual suspension bush squeaks and inner tyre wear on the fronts too.

They have quite a following so providing the history is good it should sell well! 

Thanks, I've never had one, didn't realise they had a following. I know CR-V's and Rav4's are good news, but wasn't sure about Vitara's....

Good news, as said above there is a healthy market for these soft roaders. Sell these to my "posh horsey ladies that lunch":D

But, watch out for rust.

Thanks for the replies, I am surprised to be honest. Thought most people would turn their nose up at the Suzuki bagde.....

I took one in as a part ex and far from being a soft roader chucked a high lift kit / snorkel and off road tyres  on it and had hours of off roading fun in the thing.

Surprisingly capable. Must get out in again.

6 hours ago, tradex said:

forgot to add when I was selling quite a few of the 2nd gen' (yours will be a 3rd gen) the 3 doors sold better, could never understand that...maybe a visual thing?

A few years back I bought an '03 vitara soft top with a bad gearbox. We had a box all lined up ready to go in, and was all set until we saw the rust underneath! Shame as it was spot on otherwise. Even then I got my cash back when I pushed it back through the block. I like all these little offroaders, especially Mitsubishi Pinin, but there not for the feint hearted.:D