Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

banger issues and the 2015 Act

Car was sold 7 weeks ago and she has done 2500 miles, it was a 2003 Focus automatic if that helps, anyway she emailed with gearbox issues so the car got dropped off and i got a second hand box fitted, anyway she's not happy and says its causing issues when reverse is selected and wants a refund, is there a deduction I can make for 2 months use?

Andrew

It's 17yrs old, what sort of "reversing experience" does she expect?

says the car is cutting out

I have said 25p a mile, with hindsight I shouldn't have tried to fix it and just back heeled it to the auction

Who said it was the box? If it's cutting out when drive is selected it's more likely going to be idle valve/throttle body/vacuum related? Probably disturbed when the box was swapped.

Edited by metcars

I have refunded 700 quid, chipped her 300

will get it back and try again

could it be the speed sensor?

she says no lights on the dash although i suspect she may have turned the dimmer down

20 hours ago, tradex said:

Lambda sensors can cause idle stall issues on these older Focii too as they switch.

...Focii...

:)

ford never sold a decent auto after  jack regan sold his consul granada with the dodgy headgasket  (ask your dad they all blew the gasket on one side,terrible engine)

out of interest what would be my legal position? Car had done 2500 miles in 2 months when she phoned, as i say I got the car back and got it fixed, we'd asked to keep it a bit longer for a decent road test but she wasn't having it

On 06/02/2017 at 7:18 PM, tradex said:

V6's doing head gaskets, maybe I was lucky. I had loads of them in Granny's, Capris and even put one in a Corsair...both flavors too, both 2.5 & 3.0.

...I thought head gaskets were the V4? Now there was a lumpy old engine, out of balance out the box, dreadful...but they both stripped timing gears, great idea a Tufnol timing gear:o....meant to be quieter until pistons meet valves.

Anyway...your legal position.....you could have argued f,t'nt old car at the end of its life.

If it's cutting out at idle is it only when steering turned, if so could be the power steering sensor but my money is on vacuum leak or lambda sensor.

2.5 terrible

3.0 lovely motors the essex ones

not so keen on the later cologne ones coz they had those modern lectric stuffs on them:lol:

legal stuff?

give em their money back and sell it to someone who doesnt want a scrapyard teaser to do starship mileage in

• Like 1

On 4 February 2017 at 11:22 PM, s and b said:

ford never sold a decent auto after  jack regan sold his consul granada with the dodgy headgasket  (ask your dad they all blew the gasket on one side,terrible engine)

I used to do 90 in it when I got the word to go :D

15 minutes ago, tradex said:

Pedant note:- Jack's car wasn't a Granada...talking about the bronze famous one here, anyone know it was, rare as hens teeth when new.

Image result for sweeney consul

not sure about the o/s/f wing to hood panel fit...looks like it's seen some action?

Hood? Think you mean bonnet :P