JKG

Closed down - adios amigos

Well, as of today I am officially out of the motor trade, it's been a fun couple of years with lots learnt along the way but financially it hasn't worked out for me, no regrets though, if I get the opportunity I will be back...watch this space, and thanks for all the advice, your knowledge has been invaluable, I haven't thought about what I'm going to do next but maybe I'll end up working as a yard boy for bca..I often wondered what it's like on the other side of the fence  :D  who knows, maybe I'll see you there

Sorry to here it, sympathize with you it's not easy out there. Good luck let's hope you're back with a bang soon.   

Good luck. 

I'm not far off making the same decision unfortunately!

My first few years of trading from home went well and most of my customers were decent people.

In recent months I've found it harder to make a profit with much more hassle from people about Consumer Rights Act etc .

I'm just not enjoying it anymore.

2 hours ago, JKG said:

Well, as of today I am officially out of the motor trade, it's been a fun couple of years with lots learnt along the way but financially it hasn't worked out for me, no regrets though, if I get the opportunity I will be back...watch this space, and thanks for all the advice, your knowledge has been invaluable, I haven't thought about what I'm going to do next but maybe I'll end up working as a yard boy for bca..I often wondered what it's like on the other side of the fence  :D  who knows, maybe I'll see you there

Sorry to hear this, Where about's were you based

Good luck with the future

2 hours ago, SK Motors said:

Good luck. 

I'm not far off making the same decision unfortunately!

My first few years of trading from home went well and most of my customers were decent people.

In recent months I've found it harder to make a profit with much more hassle from people about Consumer Rights Act etc .

I'm just not enjoying it anymore.

The biggest issue for me was sourcing the stock, made my fair share of mistakes, overpaying e.t.c, but I've learn't my lesson for the next time, when it's good it's great but when it's bad it's rather depressing

19 minutes ago, betginge said:

Sorry to hear this, Where about's were you based

Good luck with the future

Was based near Nottingham, plenty of dealers in the area so I'm sure I won't be missed :)

All the very best mate.

Go do something different! You're possibly thinking the 'grass is greener' somewhere else, 'That' job would be less hassle, or make you more money, be far more enjoyable, or whatever.

Thing is........ if it's in your blood and you did enjoy it, chances are you'll be back. And next time nothing will stop you!!

Totally agree with the above comment. I have seen so many close down since the CRA15!