Sign in to follow this  
TDB

Zuto Query

Hi,

We sold a car through Zuto 5 months and 1 week ago (August 2016).

Car was BCA Assured without fault.

Customer had one month warranty from us.

Just had an email from Zuto saying the head gasket has gone (they have paid to have it inspected) and are asking what we as the supplying dealer are “going to do about it”!?

The report states that customer had it scanned for possible gasket problem in 2016 and carried on driving it for 2450 odd miles until he had it scanned again,no garage could find a fault so he complained to Zuto who have had it inspected and “confirmed”.

What would you do or what should we do?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

Or send a copy to Zuto as there the ones asking, have you checked your t & c with Zuto to see where you stand on the query 

Yes....no mention at all. They have even backed down asking for a "contribution" which as a gesture of goodwill I offered 50% of the cost of the head gasket "parts and labour" only,no other parts or associated labour costs.

And to be honest I think I'm going above and beyond and being extremely fair!

Edited by TDB

Cooper S 2008/08 Turbo. 70000 miles approx. I think. No overheating or contamination!

NO!....Someone told them head gasket!....So Zuto had it stripped down!

I know mate I was not being nasty with the exclamation marks I was just pointing out that the problem did not exist when we sold it. Thanks again mate.

my answer would still be the same

car stripped without your authorisation

car not able to be proved faulty at sale time

what kind of garage would strip down to find a water leak rather than doing basic checks like pressure testing block testing co testing because all they can do once stripped is a skim of the head which would be difficult to confirm as faulty unless once on the bench and they see a crack or get it x rayed

no way would i offer a contribution they are doing it all wrong

s and b said.......what kind of garage would strip down to find a water leak rather than doing basic checks like pressure testing block testing

HALFORDS did it!

How well do you get on with Zuto and how much business do you put their way?

I'd have my rep in the office and find out exactly what they want, that's part of his/her job. If you stick loads of deals their way then tell them why you're not happy to contribute. If they got shirty with me I guess i'd pay up this time, because it's easier than fighting it, and terminate my deal with them. Plenty of finance companies out there touting for business.

9 hours ago, tradex said:

No help on the finance side of things but MINI's are known for failing header tanks and failed oil coolers....both which can give symptoms like a blown head gasket.

Halfords, got a feeling they are an approved site for Centurion Warranties?

Halfords - "centre of excellence":D

On 15/01/2017 at 8:13 PM, metcars said:

Halfords - "centre of excellence":D

I had a job at halfords as a mot tester, I started on my first day at 8.30am, I handed my resignation in at 8.45am the Same Day. took me 15 minutes to work out what a sack of shit bag liers they were. That Afternoon I went round the garages offering myself as a freelance tester, got work for few months until I set my own place up.

• Like 2