Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Auction4cars - COWBOYS!!

Just had to reject a car due to the engine sounding terminal. Their reply, yes mate, we'll refund you but we will close your account...... :rolleyes:

Nice one Auction4cars, that's how to be professional and do business........

They've always been okay with me. Paid out for a few clutches over the years and reduction for wrong mileage.

always in the form of credit against next purchase, mind. 

I stopped using them years ago in newport for similar reasons. 

no worries plenty of other places to buy cars from 

7 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I stopped using them years ago in newport for similar reasons. 

no worries plenty of other places to buy cars from 

Yeah you're right, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. I'm quite happy to compromise, which I have done plenty if times in the past!

But what really gets my back up, is their attitude! Why close the account because I want to reject a faulty car, which THEY misdescirbed.

It could have been dealt with, A LOT better. 

You'd think they would want to encourage people to buy from them, not turn their backs, but hey ho....

Seems fairly standard behaviour these days unfortunately and it really boils my p*ss! I've had this happen twice recently where it's been a battle to get them to accept the car back despite them admitting the car was nothing like described. Then account deletion without any notification! Only noticed the last one when I went to log in.

Just now, Mikey said:

Seems fairly standard behaviour these days unfortunately and it really boils my p*ss! I've had this happen twice recently where it's been a battle to get them to accept the car back despite them admitting the car was nothing like described. Then account deletion without any notification! Only noticed the last one when I went to log in.

Was that both with Auction4cars? 

Not one was Sytner and the other AutoRola.

I find a lot of the A4C stock below par and needs too much prep to make it worthwhile, and they are rubbish at taking clear pics or showing the damage properly.

Had an interesting one recently where a car that I bought had been described with a misfire; when I turned up to collect it it turns out to be a total non-starter. Bit of messing around and found that the fuel pump relay had been physically removed, even though the car had been driven in! One of the boys walking around the yard passes comment while I was there 'our workshop wanted to buy that.. they were gutted!' Quick fix with a relay, fired it up, surprise surprise with no misfire, and drove it the 100 or so miles home trouble free.

Make of that what you will..

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Had an interesting one recently where a car that I bought had been described with a misfire; when I turned up to collect it it turns out to be a total non-starter. Bit of messing around and found that the fuel pump relay had been physically removed, even though the car had been driven in! One of the boys walking around the yard passes comment while I was there 'our workshop wanted to buy that.. they were gutted!' Quick fix with a relay, fired it up, surprise surprise with no misfire, and drove it the 100 or so miles home trouble free.

Make of that what you will..

Was that A4C?

It was, Derby. Also had cars in Birmingham and Newport that have been vastly overdescribed, as if to put people off..

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

It was, Derby. Also had cars in Birmingham and Newport that have been vastly overdescribed, as if to put people off..

Hmmm, strange. The same car I mentioned above also had a flat tyre and ths spare wheel was missing. The flat tyre I accept could have occurred after the car was listed, but it should have stated that the spare wheel was missing (and of course the engine was ticking like someone with extreme terets!!) so I have found the opposite. But, either way that can't be trusted....

Why do most people change their vehicle? Because their is a costly fault with it!

Why do franchise dealers trade their own franchise vehicles? Cost of reconditioning!

Why do dealers sell on Dealer Auction instead of in the block? Nobody buys a car that limps into the hall!

Most of the stuff coming off lease needs a service.

We drive all potential trade-ins. It's surprising the number of punters that don't bother having a test drive as a result. 

Fix a cushion to your wall. Reduce the size of your headache.

• Like 2