Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

JANUARY 2017 SALES

There willl be a buyer for that Volvo out there even with a brutally honest advert it will be gone within a week at £995-£1495. 

Px to clear, no warranty and fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, TDB said:

Three more today!

How many cars do you have in stock out of interest?

6 minutes ago, TDB said:

Ocsltd....we stock between 65-80 cars.

Ok thanks.

Four no-shows today. One random on a 7 seat 4x4 who never came back and a test drive on an i10 that i'll never hear from again probably. Hate Saturdays

Sounds like I'm the only one not very busy.

We're not dead but just not in line with what we normally expect for January. Feels flat, feels like going to be a very average month. January is usually our best of the year.

Saying that December was better than usual so it has balanced off i suppose. Still disappointed though as Jan is usually mad busy.

Good luck yo you all!

On 1/14/2017 at 6:48 PM, grant8064 said:

Four no-shows today. One random on a 7 seat 4x4 who never came back and a test drive on an i10 that i'll never hear from again probably. Hate Saturdays

Hate Saturdays when you don't do a deal and your missing out on family time or golf/football etc.

12 minutes ago, sparky said:

Hate Saturdays when you don't do a deal and your missing out on family time or golf/football etc.

Same here. Can't bear not doing a deal on a Saturday!! It's probably the worst part of the job for me, always working on a Saturday. Makes it all worth while when you do a couple of deals though.....

I've found Saturday's a lot quieter over the last 12 months, I am a bit tucked away with fairly small stock, but don't seem to get the foot fall I once did on a Saturday. In the past, if we hadn't done a deal by 12/1pm, there would always be a flurry of activity in the afternoon, but not lately. Strangely, Monday's can be quite a good day.

Anyone else noticed a similar trend? 

24 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Same here. Can't bear not doing a deal on a Saturday!! It's probably the worst part of the job for me, always working on a Saturday. Makes it all worth while when you do a couple of deals though.....

I've found Saturday's a lot quieter over the last 12 months, I am a bit tucked away with fairly small stock, but don't seem to get the foot fall I once did on a Saturday. In the past, if we hadn't done a deal by 12/1pm, there would always be a flurry of activity in the afternoon, but not lately. Strangely, Monday's can be quite a good day.

Anyone else noticed a similar trend? 

We're on a busy road on the way into the local towns...if you're driving anywhere here you HAVE to pass us!

Saturdays are either 3 car days or nothing...sometimes not even a walk on. It's very very strange. Given our location and people working we thought Saturdays would be killer but it's not the case. Midweek we do all our business for some reason.

Just now, grant8064 said:

We're on a busy road on the way into the local towns...if you're driving anywhere here you HAVE to pass us!

Saturdays are either 3 car days or nothing...sometimes not even a walk on. It's very very strange. Given our location and people working we thought Saturdays would be killer but it's not the case. Midweek we do all our business for some reason.

Interesting, this is why I wonder if there's a shift in buyer behaviour? Or perhaps I'm just reading far too much into it!! :D Just lately I've thought about closing on Saturday's and making it appointment only (the gate to our estate closes at 1pm anyway). Trouble is, I would never want to stray to far with the family, in case of a lastminute.com, so defeats the whole point of trying to have more quality time with the family.

2 hours ago, sparky said:

Swings and roundabouts - When you sell 3/4/5+ and have a great day you can't beat the buzz.

Saturday / Sunday just another day like any other to bring the money in.

Over the years the pattern has changed so much and in most cases for me Saturday are the quietest days , the odd Saturday I've done 3 but that has been exception to the rule, majority of deals all done in the week for me. 

1 yesterday 3 today and shifted on my  oldest car in stock too so a good few days

Grant I'm on a busy road aswell and most Saturday's I'll get a few walk ons, last Saturday, nothing! Not even a phone call, funny old game!

14 hours ago, david gott said:

Grant I'm on a busy road aswell and most Saturday's I'll get a few walk ons, last Saturday, nothing! Not even a phone call, funny old game!

Strange isn't it. We moved from a semi rural site to a main road last year and i'd say we're quieter on weekends now then we were back then!

Seems to all be about the midweek for some reason

We are on 17 for the month so far. On target for our usual 19-21 sales per month.