Sign in to follow this  
M.J

No V5?

As we all know there are a lot of vehicles that go through the auction with no v5. Always seems to be the exact car I'm looking for with no v5  present :angry:

Do you guys still go for the car if you really want it? What then, send off for the v5 in your name or sell with no v5 and send off for a replacement in the customers name?

I've done it a few times where I've just filled out the v62 replacement form with the customer but then there's the issue of taxing the vehicle.

Sometimes the V5 follows anyway. You can usually sort it it depends on the vendor.

I buy them anyway makes no odds to me if it's a finance company car I just apply straight away. 

purchased 3 cars from bca and 2 arrived on delivery, the 3rd we had to apply for but in all honesty didn't take longer than 7 days to turn up, DVLA have improved a lot with the turnaround times and online site to transfer owernship. saves us the postage :) the only time DVLA allows us to save money

2 hours ago, TM LTD said:

purchased 3 cars from bca and 2 arrived on delivery, the 3rd we had to apply for but in all honesty didn't take longer than 7 days to turn up, DVLA have improved a lot with the turnaround times and online site to transfer ownership. saves us the postage :) the only time DVLA allows us to save money

Agree with this, Dvla have really pulled there finger out in the last 18 months with the new vehicle mot & tax history.gov site and dealing with V5's and Cherrised plates.

Last logbook I sent for took 19 days, That was around 3 months ago. 

What is the average reply now traders are finding ????  It would be great if DVLA could get V5's out that are lost via auction route in less than 7 days the norm

the problem is that not all cars are put into trade by car owners so often you will check a car and its still taxed this is obviously down to the garage taking the trade in not doing their job

dvla then have to write to keeper and ask if they have the car

this can take 4 weeks but usually in these cases dvla send you a letter to advise the date the new log book will be sent out

if car in trade then often i get a log book within a week like

this week one came that was only sent last thursday

main thing is make sure you use a black pen and the v62 you download is very legible

you can now again attach a v890 because even though its in your trading name it still needs sorning as its not classed as in trade

be careful how you do the online form filling whenst sold too

:)

I used to spend a lot of time at the 'Chelmsford VRO' but it was always worthwhile.

VRO RIP!

Edited by metcars

On 20/01/2017 at 5:44 PM, metcars said:

I've just sent off for one today, so the clocks ticking!

And its back this morning. Not bad?

On 28/01/2017 at 9:39 AM, metcars said:

And its back this morning. Not bad?

.... and after all that guess what turned up in the post this morning from Manheim?:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, metcars said:

.... and after all that guess what turned up in the post this morning from Manheim?:rolleyes:

Ha-ha typical! :P

Oh well look on the Brightside... You've just tested the DVLA system for us all and it's pretty quick! :lol: