Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin Estate 1.8 Mpi Elegance 3Dr - How desirable??

I've got a customer who wants to part ex a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin Estate 1.8 Elegance, with leather. It's low mileage with good history, but how desirable are these little things? Good sellers? Any issues to be aware of?

Being a fairly small, petrol 4x4 I would imagine the market is quite limited?

What are your experience's?

Had a few in p/ex and used to buy them when I could find them with sensible miles (sun 80k)

cheap entry level 4x4s that always sell well, always kind to me. 

Keep to a sensible margin and you'll be fine! 

Edited by SC Derby
  • Like 1

Is it 'super select' because the offroaders like them. Check for rust, rust, rust, everywhere!

Winter is coming;)

8 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Had a few in p/ex and used to buy them when I could find them with sensible miles (sun 80k)

cheap entry level 4x4s that always sell well, always kind to me. 

Keep to a sensible margin and you'll be fine! 

I agree. I seem to have a small market of people that need the robustness and ability of a 4x4 (horse riding, dog walking, fishing etc) but also have to live in a community of 4x4 'haters' so can't choose a Shogun/Defender type. Those Pinin's seem to be 'just enough' but 'not too much' if you get what I mean.

Wasn't "Umesh" looking for a 4x4 for weekend fun?:D

3 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Thanks for the replies chaps!! :D

Did I mention 'rust'?:unsure:

24 minutes ago, metcars said:

Did I mention 'rust'?:unsure:

Yeah I did some homework and read that they're partial to a bit of rust.... The MOT history is clean, with no reference to rust, so hopefully that's a good sign.

5 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Yeah I did some homework and read that they're partial to a bit of rust.... The MOT history is clean, with no reference to rust, so hopefully that's a good sign.

They seem to rust overnight. Get it on a ramp and get a screwdriver on it. Welding is expensive

So apart from tappety engines, and rusting themselves away, they're pretty good news...?! :lol:

Saleability wise they are. If I find one that's not rusty I'll have it. How old is yours. Unfortunately I only buy stock at the block and Pinin's that find their way there are usually 'sheds'.  Buyers tend to know what they are looking for in that respect so you've been warned:D

Was but got this monster instead :) ! Think you'll do well retailing it .. Ithink good margin in for you ! small 4x4 not many about ! 

Sorry it won't let me post the image ...keeps telling me image too big ! V8 3.9 Offroader - just trying to sort brakes out for 1st fun run this weekend ! :) wish me luck ....

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Saleability wise they are. If I find one that's not rusty I'll have it. How old is yours. Unfortunately I only buy stock at the block and Pinin's that find their way there are usually 'sheds'.  Buyers tend to know what they are looking for in that respect so you've been warned:D

2005. Good feedback and fair warning, cheers.