Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Reviews

Hope you are all having a good weekend. 

How do you approach obtaining customer reviews and feedback?

Do you openly request or ask for them?

Do you sit back and wait for people to just do them ?

I think I need to adopt a fresh approach here as the amount of customers that use them to influence the buying decision and say it was our reviews that swung it for them stresses the importance. 

Having an ipad in the office and asking them to leave a review whilst we do paperwork and how they have found the buying experience and one review a month wins £100 vouchers something like that is this to pushy / offensive ?

Bit pushy I reckon give them a chance to actually drive the car home and settle in it for a while. I give my customers a document pack in a smart wallet with a leaflet inside asking customers to leave a review should they wish to. 

We use feefo and find it works well. Quick simple and becoming well known. Not a massive cost. Also your score can be linked to your Google search. But if you want quick and easy a simple please review us on Facebook is possible 

• Like 1

I Think as Tom says , need the customer to have the car for some time to make sure they are fully happy before asking , on the spot I feel is too much pressure !

I have a customer feedback form they post back , plus asking them to review on www.carbuyingadvisor.co.uk , some do it on there some on facebook but the form prompts them ! Reviews sell cars ! Give me a shout if you need any further help Rory. 

• Like 1

We've had some good success with using Google's own review site which keys of the local Google My Business service. In previous places I also used Trust Pilot .

One good thing to remember about Google's own review service is that getting good reviews here mens that Google will rate you higher on organic SEO web searches too. Put another way, the dealer with 200 reviews will tend to have a higher google search result than the one with none. That's an additional bonus on top of customers seeing 5 orange stars in your My Business "Knowledge Graph" (the box on the right) when they search for you on Google (example attached)

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 08.48.55.png

I think actually sitting the customers down and "gently persuading" them to leave you a review - like you mentioned Rory - would probably make them feel uncomfortable, and it's hard for people to be honest in an environment like that. They would be very unlikely to write "Rory is a very knowledgeable Dealer, great service!", even if they thought it -if you were just in the other room. 

What we tend to do is phone the customer up after a few days after a sale as a 'courtesy call' to make sure there have been no problems with the service/product. Hopefully there haven't been any issues, then we ask them on the phone if they wouldn't mind helping us out with a review.  Every customer (provided they have had a good experience) tends to be more than happy to do this - so we send them an email with a further thankyou, and the link to the review site - so they don't have to do any of the hardwork. 

Summary of our process:

1. Phone the customer a few days after, for a courtesy call to check they are happy with their new car (fingers crossed!)
  2. Ask if they are happy to leave a review for you
  3. If they are, email them a further thank you note and include the review link on the email 

Best of luck Rory!

Edited by SamMercer

Cheers for the input. 

Believe it or not Autotrader were advising me its best practice to get the customer to leave a review whilst sat in office at point of sale .

Make of that what you will. I would feel exceptionally awkward doing that and I can see I am not alone. 

I think I will go with a follow up email 3-5 days after purchase to ensure the customer is happy with the new car and hopefully they can leave some feedback at that point. 

Great info on google reviews Sam, they are what I am going to be pushing more towards.  

I was looking at this the other day a lot of facebook advertising now uses check our reviews which are clearly mates of mates just following a script from the garage some of them almost use the same wordings, 

I use Autotrader's reviews and then copy and paste them onto my website.

I email the link to EVERY customer via dealer portal and also on handover remind them that they'll get an email asking them for a review, it takes 30 seconds. I get approx 60% of my customers leaving reviews. 

I usually wait until they've got home before sending the link, or do it the day after collection.

Also replying to every review I think is a great idea, shows that you read them.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/services/car-dealers/uk/east-midlands/nottinghamshire/nottingham/superminiuk-ltd-nottingham-dpp-10003573/reviews/true

http://superminiuk.com/testimonials.php

Works for me

• Like 1

Thing with autotrader is that if you ever decide to leave they have all your reviews. 

It also generates even more data for them that can be sold to Zuto etc etc 

Whilst i I understand Google will also have all the data , rightly or wrongly, I don't feel quite as opposed to it.

emails being sent out to all customers from this point on, let's hope some good comes of this.