Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

Who to speak to at BCA

Hi All,

I've been trading for 5.5 years, just signed up to this forum, so first of all, Hi.

I'm after some advice, I purchased a car from BCA Bedford, purchased online, Grade 3 car. Had it delivered by BCA, as soon as it arrived it was quite clear there was an awful lot more damage on the car than the condition report indicated. 

I've raised a claim, with the live online team, I've sent pictures etc but have to keep chasing them and don't seem to be getting very far! To make matters worse, I've been dealing with someone who seems to have that typical 'BCA' chip on there shoulder, and just grunts down the phone with a very negative attitude.

I'm trying to remain calm and polite, but getting increasingly frustrated.

Has anyone else had any similar experience rejecting a car, is there someone I can speak to with a bit of authority, who might act a bit more professionally?

Any advice or help greatly appreciated?

Cheers

The response you get often depends on the account level you have unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply M.J, I did suspect this. I'm a Gold card holder which probably means they don't give a toss....

It also seems luck of the draw who is dealing with your case, I seem to have ended up with the office numpty.....

Unfortunately, you cannot trust the auction houses to be as honest and accurate with their descriptions as we have to be with ours!

• Like 1

To be fair, I think on the whole BCA grading is ok (although I do wish there was a tick box for odours) and I win a lot more than I lose so unless the car has a completely completely inaccurate description I don't bother them. On the odd occasion I have then the question is, does it changing the grading? On this occasion, if it changes from a grade 3 to 4 then you have a case, if not, hard cheese. I suppose it then goes to how well you know the particular branch and how much they value your business. I had a case recently for a car bought at Livingstone were items were missed but even after a regrade, it came back as the same grade which would have left a bad taste in the mouth but up there they clearly have morals and basic common sense and gave me £200 as a gesture of goodwill so it was all good. Sadly I can't see a branch as busy as what Bedford appears appears to be giving two hoots.

Is Bedford one of those branches that on the face of it should be getting decent stock, but in fact is just used to 'punt' carp, a bit like Paddock Wood?

They're sending out an 'inspector' to check the car over and decide if they need to take action. If they look at the condition report, then look at the car, it should be a forgone conclusion....

6 hours ago, metcars said:

Is Bedford one of those branches that on the face of it should be getting decent stock, but in fact is just used to 'punt' carp, a bit like Paddock Wood?

Some of the jardine stuff is quite good. 

10 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Some of the jardine stuff is quite good. 

That's true

On 07/09/2016 at 3:05 PM, metcars said:

And Bridgwater, one member of staff told me the better stuff goes to blackbushe!

So, quick update.

Emailed BCA with all the damage, around 20 photo's. After chasing them for a week, they advised it hadn't changed the grade, so would send out the Inspector.

Inspector came, agreed that the damage was "really bad" took various pictures, did a walk around video, and said he would report the damage (the same damage I had already reported!), and someone would be in touch....

Heard nothing, chased them, yet again, to be told that it still didn't change the grade and basically there wasn't anything they could do about it! When I pointed out that despite the grade not changing, there was still significant damage that wasn't noted on the condition report, which was clear to see, from my pictures and the Inspector's pictures.

Anyway, they still wouldn't back down, after me literally screaming down the phone to them, the live online team leader comes on the phone, I repeat my self to her, explaining that the damage is not acceptable and that I would take legal action, as the car was misdescribed and misrepresented....

After a bit of backwards and forwards, she spoke to her manager, and they finally agreed to contribute £400 towards the damage.

Now, I consider myself to be a reasonable person, all I wanted was for them to put their hand in the air, admit they screwed up, apologise, and resolve the matter professionally. Just a shame you have to argue so much to get there....... :rolleyes:

Glad you got a result but what are the long term implications though?

I once bought a car from an independent auction, must be 20 years ago now, i prepared it and had it advertised when auction phoned me to tell me they had let it go £400 too cheap ,they admitted it was their mistake but could i please call in with the difference

This was the same auction that let me take a paid for car off their premises but a week later they sent the police to my garage as selling dealer couldnt find what had happened to it an an audit made them put it on the at risk on hpi,i wasnt best pleased and had a heck of a job getting an apology off them

Guess what............... this auction is no more and it was a very busy place in its time

you cant keep screwing people and expect them to keep coming back

These places need their butts kicking

6 minutes ago, s and b said:

Glad you got a result but what are the long term implications though?

I once bought a car from an independent auction, must be 20 years ago now, i prepared it and had it advertised when auction phoned me to tell me they had let it go £400 too cheap ,they admitted it was their mistake but could i please call in with the difference

This was the same auction that let me take a paid for car off their premises but a week later they sent the police to my garage as selling dealer couldnt find what had happened to it an an audit made them put it on the at risk on hpi,i wasnt best pleased and had a heck of a job getting an apology off them

Guess what............... this auction is no more and it was a very busy place in its time

you cant keep screwing people and expect them to keep coming back

These places need their butts kicking

You're absolutely right! The problem with a place like BCA is they're so big, the people they employ (on the whole), couldn't give a toss, and it's this negative, 'I don't care attitude' that really get's my back up!!

2 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

You're absolutely right! The problem with a place like BCA is they're so big, the people they employ (on the whole), couldn't give a toss, and it's this negative, 'I don't care attitude' that really get's my back up!!

....... even worse when you consider how much we have to pay for the privelege. Not just the buyers premium, but remember all those payments being settled after the sale you'd think they'd lay on dancing girls and limo's! There are very few 'wholesalers' of any product that would treat their customers as badly as car auctions. Sorry I forget that you might get a bacon sandwich and cup of tea after spending 20k?

31 minutes ago, metcars said:

....... even worse when you consider how much we have to pay for the privelege. Not just the buyers premium, but remember all those payments being settled after the sale you'd think they'd lay on dancing girls and limo's! There are very few 'wholesalers' of any product that would treat their customers as badly as car auctions. Sorry I forget that you might get a bacon sandwich and cup of tea after spending 20k?

You need to get yourself to BCA Peterborough, topless dancing girls and free hog roast every Monday and Friday!! 

Absolutely, trouble is, they see us as just car dealers, and not customers! 

Edited by Ocsltd

On 13/09/2016 at 4:24 PM, Ocsltd said:

You need to get yourself to BCA Peterborough, topless dancing girls and free hog roast every Monday and Friday!! 

I reckon more money changes hands at BCA Blackbushe in a day than coutts bank? I bet the toilets aren't broken in Coutts, and you can sit down while you write your cheques!

On 9/13/2016 at 4:24 PM, Ocsltd said:

I was just about to set off to Belle Vue. Topless dancing girls you say......