Sign in to follow this  
Glevum

Horrible customer

I sold a 16 plate grand scenic 1.5 diesel euro 6 80,000 miles and it was near mint for £5,995.

The bloke brought it back 4 weeks later parked it as close to the office and hobbled in when we were dealing with a customer threw the door open and said I"m not happy" in front of everyone.

I asked him what was wrong and he said his left rear tyre was 19 lbs pressure and he had to pump it up most mornings during the last week and his wiper blades were noisy and were both 27 inch blade type when one should be 24 inch and the other 30 inches. He said he had had to buy new blades himself and the rear blade was 12 inches but should be 13 inches.

I told him to go to the local tyre depot and get the tyre checked on my account as he clearly had picked up a slow puncture (it never deflated when it was at the pitch)

He then showed a you tube channel on his phone in front of my customer of how to clean out the windscreen drain scuttles saying also the carpet was damp.

I booked him in the next day and gave him a loan car and fixed it.

3 weeks later (last tuesday) it was minus 7 degrees and he came in again on saturday and spoke to my salesman in a very aggressive manner saying "I'm not happy" again as it didnt start immediatley on that  cold morning he had to crank it 2 or 3 times (probably wants a set of glowplugs but it was fine until then,

My salesman said did it start this morning and he said yes no problem and brought the phone out to show another you tube video about glow plugs, my salesman said I"m not a mechanic so the customer said he used to be a diesel mechanic asked me to phone him the next day as a matter of urgency as he was "not happy",

I am going to phone him and let him have both barrels about his rude attitude just turning up unannounced  moaning about childish things and tell him to bring the car back with all the paperwork as I don"t want him as a customer.

Some people are just downright rude and saying I"m not happy will get him nowhere - we sell cars not happiness, if he wants to be happy just fuck off to a comedy night.

The chap is a very boring wheezing  anorak trainspotting type old fat man on his last legs - hopefully he will have an accident  and do the world a favour

Edited by Glevum
  • Like 1

Clearly the guy has issues,he may suffer from Autism.Whoever sold it to him needs to be penalised,it should have been evident to them within 2 mins of meeting him.I am sorry to say but I think the problem maybe that you need to employ ‘pro’ salespeople who are able to qualify your punters better.I started advertising our 7 Day Money Back Guarantees nearly 25 years ago which quickly routed out any difficult punters ……..and it generated a lot more business for us.It was one of the best things we ever did .

17 hours ago, Glevum said:

I sold a 16 plate grand scenic 1.5 diesel euro 6 80,000 miles and it was near mint for £5,995.

The bloke brought it back 4 weeks later parked it as close to the office and hobbled in when we were dealing with a customer threw the door open and said I"m not happy" in front of everyone.

I asked him what was wrong and he said his left rear tyre was 19 lbs pressure and he had to pump it up most mornings during the last week and his wiper blades were noisy and were both 27 inch blade type when one should be 24 inch and the other 30 inches. He said he had had to buy new blades himself and the rear blade was 12 inches but should be 13 inches.

I told him to go to the local tyre depot and get the tyre checked on my account as he clearly had picked up a slow puncture (it never deflated when it was at the pitch)

He then showed a you tube channel on his phone in front of my customer of how to clean out the windscreen drain scuttles saying also the carpet was damp.

I booked him in the next day and gave him a loan car and fixed it.

3 weeks later (last tuesday) it was minus 7 degrees and he came in again on saturday and spoke to my salesman in a very aggressive manner saying "I'm not happy" again as it didnt start immediatley on that  cold morning he had to crank it 2 or 3 times (probably wants a set of glowplugs but it was fine until then,

My salesman said did it start this morning and he said yes no problem and brought the phone out to show another you tube video about glow plugs, my salesman said I"m not a mechanic so the customer said he used to be a diesel mechanic asked me to phone him the next day as a matter of urgency as he was "not happy",

I am going to phone him and let him have both barrels about his rude attitude just turning up unannounced  moaning about childish things and tell him to bring the car back with all the paperwork as I don"t want him as a customer.

Some people are just downright rude and saying I"m not happy will get him nowhere - we sell cars not happiness, if he wants to be happy just fuck off to a comedy night.

The chap is a very boring wheezing  anorak trainspotting type old fat man on his last legs - hopefully he will have an accident  and do the world a favour

I told all my customers they were getting 7 days or your money back but didn't use it these last 10 years 

He is clearly a moaner and I have to say he would have failed my attitude test and the car he wanted always got a major problem seconds before he came for another apraisal just before he said it will be cash you know  or we took a deposit on it only 10 minutes ago sir sorry about that, you must have passed him on the way in

Life was too short to help the cares in the comnunity 

If they show signs  of pissing you off today then they will definitely be back if you bend and show weekness to them before during or after the sale  

Some people live to create problem's  

Currently in the club watching the snooker and enjoying retirement

Remember you are the captain and all customers need permission to board your vessel

• Thanks 1

I don’t think it’s the salespersons fault. Unfortunately some people are just idiots and I’ve had my share over the last few years years too. They annoy the living day lights out of me. The good ones make make it worth it though!! 

I think one of the best was a customers wife who was shouting at me, due to her husband buying a car a week before the 10% car tax was scrapped. Apparently I should have known………

On 1/21/2024 at 9:52 PM, It's me said:

I told all my customers they were getting 7 days or your money back but didn't use it these last 10 years 

He is clearly a moaner and I have to say he would have failed my attitude test and the car he wanted always got a major problem seconds before he came for another apraisal just before he said it will be cash you know  or we took a deposit on it only 10 minutes ago sir sorry about that, you must have passed him on the way in

Life was too short to help the cares in the comnunity 

If they show signs  of pissing you off today then they will definitely be back if you bend and show weekness to them before during or after the sale  

Some people live to create problem's  

Currently in the club watching the snooker and enjoying retirement

Remember you are the captain and all customers need permission to board your vessel

In retirement,congratulations.You will find it strange not having the daily aggravation to deal with.

7 hours ago, trade vet said:

In retirement,congratulations.You will find it strange not having the daily aggravation to deal with.

It's great