trade vet

Signing on fees

I was at my old pitch today and they were discussing trying to replace a mechanic who has left to earn a lot more money at a main dealer.As adverts rarely work,such is the scarcity of good all rounders,it is apparently better to poach another one if you can.However I am told signing on fees of 2 grand are now commonplace.Has anyone else come across this ,we are in the North East,it is probably 5 grand in the South East.

My mot station are a mechanic down and lost the last one to a main dealer who offered 20g more to join them, I still can't get my head round that pay increase

I had to have the front ball joints replaced on the merc truck last month.,i didn't fancy doing them, got charged 400 nicker, I could have done it for 70, so we know who's paying these eye watering charges

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, It's me said:

My mot station are a mechanic down and lost the last one to a main dealer who offered 20g more to join them, I still can't get my head round that pay increase

I had to have the front ball joints replaced on the merc truck last month.,i didn't fancy doing them, got charged 400 nicker, I could have done it for 70, so we know who's paying these eye watering charges

20 grand more ! No wonder Stratstone are apparently quoting £2500 to service a Range Rover 

On 5/4/2024 at 5:15 AM, Frixos80 said:

Make dating stress-free and enjoyable with the best casual dating experience.
Live Women
Finest casual Dating

Can those women service a ‘range’ for less than £2.5k?

On 5/4/2024 at 5:15 AM, Frixos80 said:

Make dating stress-free and enjoyable with the best casual dating experience.
Live Women
Finest casual Dating

They get our hopes up with these adverts then there's no follow up or URL link. I'm fuming! :-(

On 5/30/2024 at 2:46 PM, Scooby who said:

They get our hopes up with these adverts then there's no follow up or URL link. I'm fuming! :-(

I remember cards in phone boxes?