Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Signing on fees

I was at my old pitch today and they were discussing trying to replace a mechanic who has left to earn a lot more money at a main dealer.As adverts rarely work,such is the scarcity of good all rounders,it is apparently better to poach another one if you can.However I am told signing on fees of 2 grand are now commonplace.Has anyone else come across this ,we are in the North East,it is probably 5 grand in the South East.

My mot station are a mechanic down and lost the last one to a main dealer who offered 20g more to join them, I still can't get my head round that pay increase

I had to have the front ball joints replaced on the merc truck last month.,i didn't fancy doing them, got charged 400 nicker, I could have done it for 70, so we know who's paying these eye watering charges

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, It's me said:

My mot station are a mechanic down and lost the last one to a main dealer who offered 20g more to join them, I still can't get my head round that pay increase

I had to have the front ball joints replaced on the merc truck last month.,i didn't fancy doing them, got charged 400 nicker, I could have done it for 70, so we know who's paying these eye watering charges

20 grand more ! No wonder Stratstone are apparently quoting £2500 to service a Range Rover