Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Warranty issue

A certain Quentin backed warranty company are providing me a bit of frustration at the moment.

We have an Astra VXR ( M32 BOX) that left our business 7-8 weeks ago spot on. No grumbles, play, stick movement or anything. It has returned just short of 2k miles later and it sounds horrendous and has difficulty even going into gear. Really sloppy box movement.

We have dropped back on using external warranties but have still been slapping them on a few cars we sell mainly performance and any autos.

They have covered 2 VXR boxes out of the 25-30 we have sold and taken out warranty cover on.

Put in a claim to warrantywise for the box and they will not cover it. They claim that it is a known issue on this type of vehicle and is just wear and tear.  Pretty annoyed as I  have sold the merits of warrantywise to lots of customers taking out extended cover on the Astra VXR's saying they will certainly pay for a box if/when it needs doing. I feel like I have essentially duped loads of customers and that just does not sit well with the way I try to run this business.

Can anyone offer any form of counter argument or a way of trying to get them to cover this?  

1 hour ago, RS Car Sales said:

We have dropped back on using external warranties but have still been slapping them on a few cars we sell mainly performance and any autos.

And that is wrongly, why they won't pay out IMO.

I'm sure had you been handing Quentin loadsamoney each month they would have been paying out.

I suppose you can argue the toss with your rep, who will no doubt ask for more business, but then obviously that puts you in a catch 22 situation. 

If you go on Jim's forum there is a bit of a warranty expert on there, failing that might be worth getting in touch with lawgistics, or maybe waking Quentin up in the middle of the night....

We have still sent them quite a few the numbers have not dropped off that much as we sell a lot of sporty/high risk stuff and they get all the extended stuff.

Had another claim declined by them this morning on an X5 brake caliper sticking because it was on its last MOT failure. OSF was the caliper at failure this is the NSF FFS!!!!  

Mentalists.

I've stopped dealing with this company - they claim they offer the best level of warranty tailor-made to suit the motor trade and don't use weasel words etc but in my experience this is exactly what you get.....also Quentin says you can contact him direct with any issues - I've rang and tweeted him and guess what? no reply!!!

I had a claim declined by them for an air-con pump because an internal bearing had failed which they put down to wear and tear even though I added air-con cover, declined a gearbox on a Mini because its a known issue, and the last straw was a electric window because the car didn't have full service history - somehow they seem to think changing the oil and filter every year will make sure the electric windows don't go wrong!!

Once they've declined a warranty its very hard to make them see it from your point of view - I like you sold all the benefits of warrantywise and started to feel I was misleading customers because they seem to wriggle out of claims at will.......

Had enough with them totally. I have asked for a refund on all active policies and requested they be cancelled. Binned the life size Quentin cut out and all the other point of sale garbage. My own fund will just have to get bigger but at least then we can actually offer a fair service for customers.

• Like 1

Surely if something is a known issue then that's what the warranty is their for ? If somethings fails even if it's common it's not wear and tear .... For all the hassle main dealers are the warranties do cover a lot ... We had the coil packs replaced on our TT at work and many years after the warranty had expired.

i collected an rs4 last week and going through its history it had warranty work on a bank 2 sensor - whatever that is and a new damper and loom, both replaced and the owner didn't even know, that's how it's supposed to be.

These are many of the reasons why I haven't bought a warranty for over ten years! If you buy carefully, your claims would be low, then you are best to have the warranty companies profit aswell as the profit from the sale of the car!!