Sign in to follow this  
Okay dokay

Service Prior To Sale

I have my own mechanic that works for me. Up to now he has invoiced us and we provide a copy to the customer as part of supplied service history.

but now we want to put the mechanic on the pay roll, can we effectively stamp a service book with our dealer details in order to vouch for the in house service we carry out? So the stamp will bear our company details identical to that on the vehicle sales reciept. 

Im sure the answer is yes but wanted to make sure a law wasn't being broken. Just wondered how many of you do it like this? I know big motoring world do it.

Edited by Okay dokay

can we effectively stamp a service book with our dealer details in order to vouch for the in house service we carry out? 

Yes

Edited by Reggaj

We service every car and I stamp the service book for the customer on the date and mileage the car leaves our premises. 

1 hour ago, Okay dokay said:

Well that's a conversation killer.

I think we are trying to say that 99.9% of dealers do it this way !!!

Order up some job cards and make a note of what work you have carried out so you have record yourself but a stamp in the service book is accepted proof.

Of course we could start talking about Digital Service Histories but best to leave that for another day

30 minutes ago, Gavin@Rousdon said:

I think we are trying to say that 99.9% of dealers do it this way !!!

Order up some job cards and make a note of what work you have carried out so you have record yourself but a stamp in the service book is accepted proof.

Of course we could start talking about Digital Service Histories but best to leave that for another day

Digital service history .. One of the worst things ever thought of ! :) But thats only my thoughts......! 

5 minutes ago, umesh said:

Digital service history .. One of the worst things ever thought of ! :) But thats only my thoughts......! 

I have BMW and Mercedes covered at present Umesh. VAG is a nightmare and costs £5 everytime you want to view (they say they will refund if you make an entry). No joy with Mazda yet. I am finding more and more the dealers not entering servicing on the system and/or on the iDrive of the car (BMW).

Thanks guys, any recommendations as to where to get some job cards? Lawgistics don't seem to have them and that's where we acquire the rest of our stationary.

Mercedes make you jump through hoops to request a copy, I do like the fact that on the newer BMW's it's stored electronically in the idrive.

On 09/03/2016 at 8:24 PM, Steve92 said:

Mercedes make you jump through hoops to request a copy, I do like the fact that on the newer BMW's it's stored electronically in the idrive.

Stored on the iDrive when they can be bothered to put it on there. The last 4 BMW's I've had with this facility have had services missed off, I'm guessing it takes more then 2 minutes to do on a service so the mechanics can't be bothered anymore.