Advertisement
It's me

1 st mot in covid city

Recommended Posts

just done a check on this car

3 years from now if you do the same and this came up on your screen  would you think mmm has it been clocked??

 

650209864_OperaSnapshot_2020-10-27_160139_www.check-mot.service_gov_uk.png.faa0081806b7b656d625ad5af228d22d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 hours ago, It's me said:

3 years from now if you do the same and this came up on your screen  would you think mmm has it been clocked??

No, because the mileages from the next three MOT’s would back up (or not) the average annual mileage.

If somebody is likely to ‘pause’ their mileage they’re as likely to do it in month one of a twelve month MOT as they are in month thirteen of such an extension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin F said:

No, because the mileages from the next three MOT’s would back up (or not) the average annual mileage.

If somebody is likely to ‘pause’ their mileage they’re as likely to do it in month one of a twelve month MOT as they are in month thirteen of such an extension. 

hi

think de fleeted

this car is 3 years and now a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Martin F said:

If somebody is likely to ‘pause’ their mileage they’re as likely to do it in month one of a twelve month MOT as they are in month thirteen of such an extension. 

This :)

Dodgy fleet owners are using CAN Mileage blockers anyways :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, It's me said:

just done a check on this car

3 years from now if you do the same and this came up on your screen  would you think mmm has it been clocked??

 

650209864_OperaSnapshot_2020-10-27_160139_www.check-mot.service_gov_uk.png.faa0081806b7b656d625ad5af228d22d.png

I am guessing, about 1,000,000* cars will have this type of entry on their MoT record. So, no, it won't raise suspicion its been clocked, it will become a familiar sight for those who are checking.

*Very rough guess

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well you all seem to be sure this won't cause hassle in the future 

so thread closed:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.