sparky

Monday morning rant.

So, pricing up a tracked vehicle going through BCA today, I noticed a very similar vehicle being advertised on AT as due in. So, seeing as they offered live chat I'd thought I'd take them up on their kind offer. Well blow me down with a feather duster, it's the same car, which surprisingly 'Denise' couldn't give me much info on nor offer me a test drive on today.

Now this isn't the first time this has happened and won't be the last, but what did take me by surprise  was the dealer in question was a big hitting main agent ( nothing to do with the vendor) and this was a 2008 car. As Kammy might say, unbelievable Jeff, or should that be fraudulent Jeff????

• Like 1

Haha - confident they are buying it then, could always bump the price up mate :P  

I like to think I am pretty quick and as soon as the hammer is down on an online auction the car is coming soon on my website and autotrader but I must say I like to have bought the car first. 

Can I add a new Monday morning rant :- Customer has just called, bought a car off us 5-6 weeks ago. 60 plate Insignia having a 'few problems with it'.

I ask what the problems are he is experiencing. Mainly the boot does not open at all. This opened when he was on site with us because I remember looking at it with him. He agrees. It has not opened at all since he got it home and this now must be sorted urgently as he is worried about this on his new purchase - No issue in terms of taking a look and sorting this but if it has been happening best part of 6 weeks why the sudden urgency? 

Other issue is he put a xmas cd in the car and it now won't eject.  

Really stroppy bloke, can't believe you sold me a car with all these issues, what are you going to do about it or do I need to take it further type...

We always look after our customers but when they get my back up like that over minor easily fixed issues it does rub me up the wrong way. So many places just offer awful service and tell these types 'not my problem see ya'. 

• Like 1

Haha - confident they are buying it then, could always bump the price up mate :P  

I like to think I am pretty quick and as soon as the hammer is down on an online auction the car is coming soon on my website and autotrader but I must say I like to have bought the car first. 

Can I add a new Monday morning rant :- Customer has just called, bought a car off us 5-6 weeks ago. 60 plate Insignia having a 'few problems with it'.

I ask what the problems are he is experiencing. Mainly the boot does not open at all. This opened when he was on site with us because I remember looking at it with him. He agrees. It has not opened at all since he got it home and this now must be sorted urgently as he is worried about this on his new purchase - No issue in terms of taking a look and sorting this but if it has been happening best part of 6 weeks why the sudden urgency? 

Other issue is he put a xmas cd in the car and it now won't eject.  

Really stroppy bloke, can't believe you sold me a car with all these issues, what are you going to do about it or do I need to take it further type...

We always look after our customers but when they get my back up like that over minor easily fixed issues it does rub me up the wrong way. So many places just offer awful service and tell these types 'not my problem see ya'. 

Did have an odd one a few years back CD won't play , he was getting a bit high rate , came down and sure enough the CD'd didn't play , so I reached in to my cupboard stuck 'Thriller ' original CD ( Which I had gained although love MJ's music ) prefect ! , It transpired all the copies he'd got wouldn't play in the car ! He went off grumbling !!  

• Like 1

Lots of manufacturers won't pay warranty claims on audio if a copied CD is stuck. Something to do with the CD being thinner then standard ones. Worth pointing out to Mr Stroopy before you start pulling the CD unit apart.

As with pre advertised cars, I had this on a BMW a few years ago. Emailed BCA and they said it was out of their control but would look into it. I guess all they could do is have a word but if its a dealer who purchases lots of cars I doubt you would have much look. Better to report to AT if you want more joy.

with regards tailgate its probably a sticky microswitchdue to lack of use

with regards cd i too would suggwest check for copy cd sticking or better dont check in case you damage the unit ,difficult one