craigpughcars

Insurance renewal since Lockdown

Hi - Anyone else had their insurance due while we've been in lockdown ? Currently with Staveley Head and the new owners One Sure have decided to double it and then add a bit extra to the premium . Since the end of March I have only driven my personal car for about 10 miles to take a parcel to the drop off bin and everything else is locked up gathering dust and bird poo :angry: 

• Like 2

I’ve just renewed mine and it actually came down for a change. Only downside is they’ve changed my password for the mid update app and I can’t get hold of anyone to find out what it is.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, craigpughcars said:

Hi - Anyone else had their insurance due while we've been in lockdown ? Currently with Staveley Head and the new owners One Sure have decided to double it and then add a bit extra to the premium . Since the end of March I have only driven my personal car for about 10 miles to take a parcel to the drop off bin and everything else is locked up gathering dust and bird poo :angry: 

maybe they are giving non accompanied trade plate driving in your quote?

21 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I’ve just renewed mine and it actually came down for a change. Only downside is they’ve changed my password for the mid update app and I can’t get hold of anyone to find out what it is.

iv'e had that happen before, mid update quite often change every quarter especially if you have not logged in for a while, sounds daft but try this - they often use spring, summer, autumn,winter as passwords, try summer and you might get in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

maybe they are giving non accompanied trade plate driving in your quote?

It states accompanied test drive on it and they've even got as the dreaded auto renew too 

3 hours ago, craigpughcars said:

It states accompanied test drive on it and they've even got as the dreaded auto renew too 

unless your policy is cheap shoparound then

be careful the cover you get is comprehensive

ie social domestic

your own cars

etc

I'm not naming names, but theres some bloody big sharks out there

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

ie social domestic

your own cars

etc

This shop around speak to @Ashley@UKGlobal loads of people on here seem happy with him i used think insurance but seen some bad reports about customer service on here though I've not had any real problems  @John Cook - Aston Lark Ive spoke to also who is helpful enough 

hope this helps . 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Casper said:

This shop around speak to @Ashley@UKGlobal loads of people on here seem happy with him i used think insurance but seen some bad reports about customer service on here though I've not had any real problems  @John Cook - Aston Lark Ive spoke to also who is helpful enough 

hope this helps . 

Thank you for the contacts , greatly appreciated 

14 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

ie social domestic

your own cars

etc

Years ago I was with a company and relocated from Derby to Haywards Heath and the insurer decided to increase my premium by 80% , when renewal came I was surprised that a certain company halfed my original Derby premium with better cover , why I shop around now 

• Like 1