Hi  everyone.

Have been  reading the forum for a while now and found it very informative in these crazy times.  I am mainly a van dealer,  but also do a few cars.

Obviously van sales  have taken a big hit the same as cars

Welcome abroad Neville ... look forward to see you joining in the conversation 

thanks casper....I have a bit more time on my hands now.....same as everyone else lol

17 minutes ago, Nevillec said:

thanks casper....I have a bit more time on my hands now.....same as everyone else lol

What sort of stuff do you buy and sell  out of interest we did well with the ex network rail and bt stuff as sell as a coupleof virgin media have bought a few royal mails etc too in the past . 

Think we all have more time now though I'm getting bored  

Edited by Casper

I used to do quite bit with ex BT vans,  but the prices  just got ridiculous,  and I'm not a fan  of  Vauxhaul Vivaro / Renault trafic, which most BT vans were.

I Do mainly mercedes Sprinter and Ford Transit, although like everyone  I buy  most things if there is a sensible profit in it.   I try and avoid  French stuff though

yes he's a mate of mine.  lol

6 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

Hello good afternoon and welcome

Do you know van diesel seeing as you know van sales:)

yes he is a mate of mine :lol:

2 hours ago, Nevillec said:

I used to do quite bit with ex BT vans,  but the prices  just got ridiculous,  and I'm not a fan  of  Vauxhaul Vivaro / Renault trafic, which most BT vans were.

I Do mainly mercedes Sprinter and Ford Transit, although like everyone  I buy  most things if there is a sensible profit in it.   I try and avoid  French stuff though

yes he's a mate of mine.  lol

yes he is a mate of mine :lol:

Yeah was combos mostly or transits at the time though think the 13 plates 63 plate swb transits  they recently sold were the last of the true Bt. decent transits  

Edited by Casper

I can’t believe how much oil and ad blue the new transit customs take! Makes servicing them really expensive!

• Like 1

Have had problems with Ecoblue engine service lights coming on early due to oil dilution issues but Ford have covered these under warranty.  

From memory the wet services are a maximum of 24 months / 36k but most seem to ping the warning late 20’s.

Excluding the DPF issues the 2.2 was so much better.