JKG

Meriva's!

Does anybody else have trouble shifting meriva's?

I have 1 on a 57 plate, 1.6 petrol, 83k, 2 previous owners, Design model with exterior pack so not basic.

I've had it for 4 months and the only interest I've had on it was 1 chap who said he's not keen on them, and he couldn't really tell me what it is about them he doesn't like.

I'm really getting sick looking at it.

I tend to find this with all Vauxhall models - I either sell them really quick or they hang around a bit. I have a 2008 58 Vectra 1.8 Design with DAB radio, 60k miles, full history - nice clean thing that I've had 60 days now and not had one enquiry on it and it looks great value to me. Started life with me at £3490 now priced at £2990. The strange thing is while I've had it I've sold 2 other Vectra's a 06 SRi PX that came in with 85k for £2990 and an 57reg Exclusive with 75k miles on that was sold before it arrived with me for £2790.

I haven't stocked a Mariva for a while but I think the newer model looks so much better that it puts customers off older ones??

I tend to find this with all Vauxhall models - I either sell them really quick or they hang around a bit. I have a 2008 58 Vectra 1.8 Design with DAB radio, 60k miles, full history - nice clean thing that I've had 60 days now and not had one enquiry on it and it looks great value to me. Started life with me at £3490 now priced at £2990. The strange thing is while I've had it I've sold 2 other Vectra's a 06 SRi PX that came in with 85k for £2990 and an 57reg Exclusive with 75k miles on that was sold before it arrived with me for £2790.

I haven't stocked a Mariva for a while but I think the newer model looks so much better that it puts customers off older ones??

You may be right, the newer models do look much better, it's no wonder they go through the block for penny's, I imagine the majority of experienced dealers have worked out they can be tricky to shift, with me still being in my 1st year I'm still learning what sells well and what sits on the tarmac.

I think if you get a 50k-60k reasonable spec Meriva under 3k you will shift it, but when the mileages go above 80 ish people lose interest, after all it's not exactly much more to cut 20k off, thats my view on them anyway.

edit i'm talking the older shape here

Edited by See Cars Derby

I'm quite happy stocking the 1.6 petrol or 1.7 diesel as long as they have a bit of spec to them. Sold a 10 plate design petrol with 65k on it last month for £3500, a value car if ever there was and like the others I've sold this year, the margin on it was decent. 

I've only had one and I sat staring at it for about 60 days. Made £700 GP less workshop and warranty etc in the end, so hardly seems worth it.

I've only had one and I sat staring at it for about 60 days. Made £700 GP less workshop and warranty etc in the end, so hardly seems worth it.

I'm guessing you had no balloons attached to it.

• Like 1

Think I have only ever had 1. Ugly cars. 

I find that the meriva, c-max, ford fusion and those type of oddball cars are always rubbish and I cant shift them. Plus the only way you can compete on cars like that is to compete on price because they are run of the mill and ten a penny. 

I have sold several merivas usually to older customers who want the slightly higher seating position. They do usually come in looking for something else but are usually tempted by the price as they tend to be an affordable MPV.