Sign in to follow this  
Edward Roots

Corsa 1.3 CDTI [95]

Having run a fleet of Ford Focus I would never ever touch the 1.6tdci, that would also include the psa versions. I wouldn't run a 1.5dci either, vag 1.9 I would and the early hdi I would, how about an early 306 hdi, my mate has run one put near on 40k on it in 2 years and other than consumables and a wheel bearing and drive belt it owes him nothing. We paid £650 for it and it's still worth £500-£600.

i would keep to your original thought but just get the engine serviced straight away,dont scrimp on a paper hanky oil filter and don't scream the rocks out of the engine,see it as your livelihood and treat it like you would hopefully treat a gorgeous woman,that engine will easily rack up over 120,000 miles with no attention to turbos/ chains or wiggly/ waggly things if you take heed

old vw:blink: fuffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff:lol:;)

Let's be realistic a 21k Corsa shouldn't give many problems, like the 1.6 HDi engine, Renault 1.5DCi etc it isn't perfect. Corsa's. Focus's, 308's, 208's are sold with huge numbers so hearing stories on them breaking down is to be expected. They are also the sort of cars people buy and don't maintain hence rattling timing chains etc etc

I would much rather drive a Corsa then a 306 HDi !