Nick

Scuff-Scratch-Alloys Repair

Hi all, Probably been talked about a thousand times. But i'm in the process of my start up. Just wanting to know some good, reasonably priced cosmetic repair companies. Do you non mechanic dealers use companies http://completecarcosmeticsderby.co.uk/ or ChipsAway or are they just a rip off? Although i've heard they are good at what they do??? Local body shops? Obviously I'm wanting top quality service at a reasonable price. Any recommendations appreciated.  

Tried to upload some examples but wont let me for some reason?

Cheers,

Nick.

IMO top quality and reasonable price don't go together, you can get good work at a good price but unless you own your own bodyshop it's not easy getting first rate work at 5 minutes notice ready for collection at the end of the day. Around our way there is a big gap between body shop paintwork and smart repairs. For me I would pay the extra as smart repairs are not always the best - well around here.

I always put mine into local bodyshop. And by using them for all paintwork etc always get good deal and good job. Usually takes 3 - 5 days to turnaround which is acceptable to me and can normally fit in with alongside other work. The Bodyshop I use also refurb alloys and also get bad headlights like new as well, so all under 1 roof. If you use them enough prices are always keen. Go talk to some and take car with you that needs work to get priced.

Paint is very tempremental.  With this weather & time of year to be done outside in my opinion must be a no. I have seen smart repairs paintwork that is very flat and some just put layers of polish on to make it look good. No doubt there are some good quaility smart repairers out and about. Good body repairs take years of practice not a 1 month Franchise course, But as the saying goes.  you pay your money you make the choice. But its bodyshop for me every time.

Jim

Thanks for getting back to me guys. Another thing, i've been talking to warranty wise, anybody use them? As I'm still in the process of setting up could anyone give me a rough price of their warranties? They wouldn't give me any prices until i have my trade insurance. For an example a fiesta 2014 25000 miles FSH. 3 -6 months warranties?

Thanks again,

Nick.

Why would you put a warranty on a 2014 Ford Fiesta ? Surely it's covered by ford until 2017 and is likely to cover more than any aftermarket warranty. If ford do not pay out then there is a chance neither would the warranty company and you may end up footing the bill anyway.

Edited by Steve92

Steve, even if the car is bought from an auction? Ford warranty would still be valid for all parts and for the labour? Sorry if this is a stupid question : ) 

Cheers.

I would have thought so, given most newish ford fiestas probably come from auction anyway. We have had warranty work carried out by BMW dealers (fuel pump "enhancement " on m135i) and also used the service packs, although with the service packs we tend to book them in as if they were our own, however the packs are transferable, Porsche will transfer a warranty private to private but don't like private, trade private.

This shouldn't make any difference. Manufacturers' warranties apply to the vehicles (not the owner) for a set period/mileage. It doesn't matter what building/website/street corner you bought them from. They have no right or reason to refuse a valid claim based upon who had title to a particular vehicle. Especially as a massive number of cars on the road don't actually belong to the people driving them.

I do know that some manufacturers do try to disallow claims for faults on vehicles that are being prepared for resale, but we all know ways around that nonsense.

Thanks for all the advice/feedback guys much appreciated. Cheers.