Lazz

Number Plate Covers

I am hoping somebody could point me in the right direction, i know a few of you cover the number plates up when taking your pictures with a number plate advertising your company and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of where to source these, I know i could just get a plate just made up, but want something that just clips on and off, minimal effort and all that.

Many thanks in advance.

It was covered on here before theres a post about it 

portfolio display do the ones that velcro on .

Edited by Casper

Personally i wouldn't bother, a study a few years back showed this actually put customers off as it was seen as you were trying to hide something, each to their own however 

But i personally wouldn't do it

I simply haven't got time to cover them up even if i thought about it before hand :lol:

Get them pictured and gone is my my motto 

13 hours ago, Lazz said:

I am hoping somebody could point me in the right direction, i know a few of you cover the number plates up when taking your pictures with a number plate advertising your company and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of where to source these, I know i could just get a plate just made up, but want something that just clips on and off, minimal effort and all that.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm getting some made next week when our parts shop reopens and will be using rubber suction cups. Never been a fan but since somebody has decided to clone one of our number plates and drive it around London and we have been hit with 2 hit and run inquiries from met police and our insurers also 2 bus lane fines and 1 congestion charge penalty I think it will be a good idea to start covering the plates from now on

I think it makes the stock look slightly more special and separates us from the gumtree driveway dealers. We got our local sign maker to do them for us and we just use black elastic bands to attach them over the originals for the photos 

16 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Never been a fan but since somebody has decided to clone one of our number plates and drive it around London and we have been hit with 2 hit and run inquiries from met police and our insurers also 2 bus lane fines and 1 congestion charge penalty I think it will be a good idea to start covering the plates from now on

Now that's a serious reason to cover them up . 

Took my motor bike for MOT last year and it was cloned , got a visit from plod for racing round Nottingham city at over 120mph and doing wheelies passing traffic , my laughing convinced the copper it wasnt me :lol:, he came to take pictures of my bike with only 2 miles on the clock since the MOT so I couldn't of gone to Notts anyway but we all stood laughing at the suggestion i was Pulling wheelies in the city centre :lol: I would have believed the 120 mind ;)

43 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Now that's a serious reason to cover them up . 

Took my motor bike for MOT last year and it was cloned , got a visit from plod for racing round Nottingham city at over 120mph and doing wheelies passing traffic , my laughing convinced the copper it wasnt me :lol:, he came to take pictures of my bike with only 2 miles on the clock since the MOT so I couldn't of gone to Notts anyway but we all stood laughing at the suggestion i was Pulling wheelies in the city centre :lol: I would have believed the 120 mind ;)

It's the 2nd time in 2019 and thanks to advice off this forum we now save all images of vehicles. Bus lane pictures show the car is silver and ours is black so hopefully that will be the end of it. 

Some dealers use them only to cover up cars with previous private plates ive seen arnold clark etc has started doing that well i assume so as it is always range rovers etc that i would guess had previous private plates not saying run of the mill stuff wouldn't have  but maybe the prestige customer is a bit more arsy about there private plate being shown 

I've never used them with my own cars but have used them with a couple of the guys ive down work for previously . 

Edited by Casper