Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

v5

Is there anyway I can tax the car without the v5? or get the v5 quicker. As I want to either use the car or advertise it and get it gone rather than waiting 4 weeks for the v5?

Thanks

Down load a V62 online and take to the post office , use that form to tax the car and apply for V5  , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't , you may need the last keepers post code to make it work . 

failing that working its snail mail and at worst 4 weeks and over the christmas holidays it may well take 4 weeks + 

Recently applied for a new V5 in our name , arrived withn 10 days , no bother really

2 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Recently applied for a new V5 in our name , arrived withn 10 days , no bother really

Same here. Did it at least 5 times this year. V5 arrives in a week usually. Never new old keepers postcode...

1 hour ago, Kes said:

Same here. Did it at least 5 times this year. V5 arrives in a week usually. Never new old keepers postcode...

3 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Quite surprised here at these posts, the reason why you got the v5c in such short time is because the previous owner had informed dvla that they no longer owned the vehicle, quite often, they do not do this, they can "expect" :rolleyes: the "motor trader" to sort all this out when they part exchange, they can simply hand over the complete log book to new keeper, who then can "loose" it :rolleyes: or they simply dont read the v5 when selling / exchanging there vehicle, it can take 6 weeks [ i shouldn't have to explain this] because dvla have to ask the previous owner if they have sold the vehicle, by 2 nd class post by the way.

It is called "being in trade" .

There WAS away round this, it has been removed, by the dvla, i have not mentioned this on here before because i am in the middle of a super complaint enquiry with dvla, if the magazine wishes to get involved in this and want a good story then please message me, i can only add, until further notice, that, [for the benefit of car dealer magazine] this move by dvla has introduced a even bigger financial burden on the motor trade that is already suffering great hardship, thankyou.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, David Horgan said:

Down load a V62 online and take to the post office , use that form to tax the car and apply for V5  , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't , you may need the last keepers post code to make it work . 

failing that working its snail mail and at worst 4 weeks and over the christmas holidays it may well take 4 weeks + 

Monday it is time to head to the post office