Lambchop

2009 Mercedes b class 1.8 diesel excess oil when on motorway?

Mercedes b class 1.8 diesel, fine when driving about town but as soon as reaches 70 , excess oil warning light comes on ? Any ideas? Not changed oil myself since I’ve had it .

Oil seems clean not frothy ect.

20 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Mercedes b class 1.8 diesel, fine when driving about town but as soon as reaches 70 , excess oil warning light comes on ? Any ideas? Not changed oil myself since I’ve had it .

Oil seems clean not frothy ect.

I had this on my 3.0 Viano which is very sensitive to even the slightest overfill, had to suck a bit out to stop the light..... Not sure if the 1.8d is actually a Merc engine ?

Ye might try to suck out too thanks , the oil pan at bottom seems like it covered Gonna be a pain to get at .

Unless it's had a recent service I'd do an oil and filter change with the correct oil grades etc stick a flush through it and then check the levels are correct might be worth a go and can't do any harm 

keep us posted 

Edited by Casper

4 hours ago, Casper said:

Unless it's had a recent service I'd do an oil and filter change with the correct oil grades etc stick a flush through it and then check the levels are correct might be worth a go and can't do any harm 

keep us posted 

Good advice Casper, least when you change the oil you know exactly how much is in it and compare that with the capacity listed on autodata. Cheaper than throwing oil level sensors etc at it when it could just be simple.

• Thanks 1

Unless it's had a recent service I'd do an oil and filter change with the correct oil grades etc stick a flush through it and then check the levels are correct might be worth a go and can't do any harm 

--------------

Tata Nexon EV

3 hours ago, JasonPatton said:

Unless it's had a recent service I'd do an oil and filter change with the correct oil grades etc stick a flush through it and then check the levels are correct might be worth a go and can't do any harm 

--------------

Tata Nexon EV

Jason I think you will find that's what I just said . No one is interested in a Tata nexon ev

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Jason I think you will find that's what I just said . No one is interested in a Tata nexon ev

Casper... This is chopped pork at it finest!

6 hours ago, Stalker said:

Casper... This is chopped pork at it finest!

Yes mate exactly 

13 hours ago, JasonPatton said:

--------------

Tata Nexon EV

Wow Tata Nexon, I'd rather have VD, and the prior enjoyable experience than take ownership of a Tata.  Stop trolling forums advertising your crap...... 

Edited by Arfur Dealy
  • Like 1