Sign in to follow this  
CRW

2016 Citroen C1 Battery Drain - Black Box?!

Afternoon everyone.  Just after a bit of advice or to find out if anybody else has had this before.  Had a 2016 Citroen C1 18k miles, come in a few months back. After a few weeks on the forecourt the battery was flat. Whilst a bit surprised, I didn't think much of it.  Changed the battery and all was fine.  Car is still here and after 2 months the battery is flat again. Had left it running on the forecourt a few times to counter this but it still went flat.  Have just discovered a small black box plugged into the OBD port with Trakm8 printed on it.  Has anybody else had anything similar and have I found my drain? Do these really drain the batteries that much?

Probably a tracker for a kids insurance. Can’t you just remove it?

Yes, I have removed it now, never even thought to look when the battery went flat the first time.  It was privately owned and I bought it from A4C.

Just guess im going to have to play a waiting game now to see if the battery still holds charge.  My mechanic is 100% that would have been enough of a drain, I was just curious if anybody else had experience of it.

Definitely a tracker box, most likely sent out by an insurance company as a self install. Let’s see if removing it stops the battery drain