Paul Falcon Cars

Audi A3 Car head unit upgrade

Hi Everyone

Can anybody advise me, I want to upgrade my Audi A3 Head Unit to include DAB,CD, Android, Bluetooth, the current system is Bose symphony with sub.

I want good quality unit along with sound. 

I am looking for the same for an early Cayenne. Pioneer for around £250. I want it to have Apple Car Play. 

3 hours ago, Paul Falcon Cars said:

Hi Everyone

Can anybody advise me, I want to upgrade my Audi A3 Head Unit to include DAB,CD, Android, Bluetooth, the current system is Bose symphony with sub.

I want good quality unit along with sound. 

Lots to pick from most of the top brands use the same internals, you will need to get a amplifier bypass kit to link up to your bose system or you will lose the rear Speakers and sub, armour automotive or connects 2 o good kits. 

Don't know what shape your A3 unt is, but I whacked one of these in our dog car Touran. It doesn't have DAB,and I don't know how it works with Bose, however I can say that the bluetooth and andriod apps work really well if you can be patient with the set up. The unit was sized right and easily fit the existing facia surround.

When we use the dog car on longer journeys, the kid likes that she can tether it up to her phone's data and watch youtube video's, play spotify, and radio from the tunein app.. it plays cd/ dvd's too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G9DZFTB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the link doesn't work it's because I'm a tech dunce...you might have to just type it.!!

I'm also guessing that the Chinese secret service know my every move..:ph34r:

I too have just moved from a bmw so good to know it's just as good.... was it a perfect fit ??... read one or two snaptube telegram web stick out a couple of mk5 over standard audi units

Edited by adomanim