Lambchop

Business advice

To be honest the main reason I’m thinking of stopping the wash is because of dealing with staff , most, if not all other washes in my area are not English and I’m pretty sure they don’t get payed decent money if any . I don’t have the connections to hire those type of staff and don’t think I’d feel comfortable Exploiting people like that . You try getting the local teens to put a shift in, turn up on time etc . The pitch is in a great location just looking for the best use of it without spending a fortune. Was considering doing painting dents myself in the back and selling cars from the front .

Only advice I can add (apart from don't do it!) is do it on the side as long as you can.  

I'd gladly give up my site if someone wanted to pay me to go (unlikely nowadays) I understand your grief with staff, but this business comes with its own set of unusual hassle and doom, that I guarantee you're not prepared for.

Have you thought about either renting some sales space to someone else (local trader) or getting some cars on sale or return if you must?

Ye I actually have spoken to a local trader who is desperate to get on the pitch, to which was willing to go halfs on all the profits. The pitch could probably hold 50 to 70 cars . But I don’t know if it’d make enough for 2 people. Im sure people on here would know better than me . Plus if I say yes I’m stuck with him and could get trouble down the line . 

26 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Ye I actually have spoken to a local trader who is desperate to get on the pitch, to which was willing to go halfs on all the profits. The pitch could probably hold 50 to 70 cars . But I don’t know if it’d make enough for 2 people. Im sure people on here would know better than me . Plus if I say yes I’m stuck with him and could get trouble down the line . 

It's your site, yes?

If so, offer him free space in return for 50% of the nett profit - you continue the car wash on the side.

If it doesn't work, or your ready to go it alone - serve notice.

37 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

50-70 cars is more than enough work for two people never mind one .........

Thanks for the advice guys , gonna start with my own car and 1 more next to the wash for sale they’re both cat d though. Will see how it goes unless anyone has any new ideas of what to do with a old car sales pitch . 

10 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

50-70 cars is more than enough work for two people never mind one .........

Christ yeah, that's an owner, salesman, full time valeter and a driver right there.

Ye I work 7 days as is . I would be salesman and valeting. Its more trying to shift cars, the only 1s I currently can get for good money are cat d’s and I’ve found them hard to get rid off . Would you find the cars with high mileage but clear history go quicker? 

You sure do make me feel good that I do not deal cars any more tradex,  do not forget though the good times are just around the corner. So I am told.

2 hours ago, tradex said:

I've a great had a 10 days, sold 3 cars, with a profit across 2 of them, one being money back. :lol:

....... all less my VAT, tax, advertising, MOT, warranties, repairs, valeting. 

Over last two days I've shelled out £500 on warranties, £700 to mechanic, £400 MOTs, £360 motor factors (small bill as been on holiday)  £400 to replace my impact wrench.....

.....I'd earn more pushing a broom around ASDA's:lol:.

Got a 207 sitting with a HG out of it that was fine when bought, another f*cking £500 clutch as I'm now a clutch replacement charity...it's like pushing water uphill. 

Feel for you bro -as the kids apparently say- dreaded vat, similar doom-can’t sell free ice cream in the desert at the mo. 

Can I trump you a Qashqai auto gearbox crapping itself 5 months and 3 and a half weeks later? 

As Screenman is saying. It’s always darkest before the dawn. Do you want to be around to see it is the pertinent question? Where’s that dark cupboard....

4 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Only advice I can add (apart from don't do it!) is do it on the side as long as you can.  

I'd gladly give up my site if someone wanted to pay me to go (unlikely nowadays) I understand your grief with staff, but this business comes with its own set of unusual hassle and doom, that I guarantee you're not prepared for.

Have you thought about either renting some sales space to someone else (local trader) or getting some cars on sale or return if you must?

Funny you should say this one of my mates i buy for says much the same and as i was saying to the mechanic tonight about a garage that's losing custom due to there attitude and probably could be turned around that everything is for sale if the money. Is right slightly off topic but i often wonder how many people would sell there business in the motor trade if approached there seems plenty out there on the business sites ..